It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #1

Bunnyboo67 HB User
Help.Anyone?

I have had FMS for 8 years. I was diagnosed in March of 1996. Since that time I have had more and more strange symptoms which I am not sure I can attribute to FMS or depression which I also have. I have had years of weird blood work and symptoms where things are as the doc says "Aren't significant enough" to fall into any particular connective tissue disease group.
The latest is numbness and tingling as well as tremors and muscle twitching on my whole left side of my body. My viion in that eye is alo affected. The neurologist say its not MS as my MRI and Spinal Tap came back negative.He says it is just stres d if I deal with my stress nd depression it will all go away. Now what? The symptoms have been on and off in severity for over 2 weeks. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful.
Thanks , Bunny

Last edited by Bunnyboo67; 05-11-2004 at 02:20 PM. Reason: HTML tags aren't working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 05:50 PM   #2

MistyMisty HB User
Re: Help.Anyone?

Hi Bunny, just dealing with fibromyalgia and the depression is every day stress. It seems to me that the doctor would just know that!! Anyway, mild mild yoga, such as Yoga for Whimps is a wonderful book that is suppose to help alleviate the stress. There are no real hard contortions to do in this book!

Since you have had fibro for 8 years you know your body best.

I went to my sister's doctor appointment with her. She also has muscle twitches tingling and numbness. They are still checking for lupus but her blood tests are never positive for anything yet, other than fibro. Her rheumatologist said that: "No two people with fibromyalgia have all the exact same symptoms."

Her doctor recommended a chiropractor, acupuncture and mild stretching exercises.

I have had fibro for 20 plus years and have had every symptom at one time or another. But my MRI's show my back to be a mess.

Have you been to an allergist or Internist?? I have been to a neurologist, rheumatologist, psychiatrist, Internist, the dentist, and some doctors I might have forgotten. The thing is, all diagnosises come back to neck and back problems and the unrelenting fibromyalgia and some allergies and depression. In the end I was told to "learn to live with it."

I think our doctors really don't know how to help us and feel helpless.

I take extra calcium/magnesium with Boron and Vitamin D in addition to a daily multi-vitamin which helps the muscle twitches. I used to take multiple Vitamin B, but I think only shots work the best and am not going to do that yet.

Also, hypothyroidism gives me the same symptoms but doubled, as my TSH is low, and has been for several months. My muscle twitches have let up a great deal now that my thyroxine is stable again.

It is hard to know what is going on when the doctors can't tell by tests and when all of them show normal or near normal.

It is easy to say "deal with your stress." I say, get rid of fibro and the stress and depression will disappear too.

Sinus/allergy problems can bring on what seems like eye problems as well as dizzyness. I started over the counter Claratin and that has eased up significantly as well as the night time drip at the back of the throat. But now it is one more pill a day that I take!

I hope these are some helpful hints. Take care, MistyMisty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread