It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Does this sound like Fibro?

My question or comment is this...my pain in my feet started about 3 weeks ago. It feels like sharp, burning pains from deep within my bones, mostly in the joints. The pain then moved to my hands 3 days later, so bad that I couldn't even move them so I had to miss work. I went to the Dr. and he said I was allergic to juice because I was drinking so much (White Cranberry Strawberry). I stopped drinking the juice, by the end of the week I had a severe bladder infection. Pain in the feet still remained. This past Wednesday I awakened with such severe pain in the morning that I was crying. By Saturday, the pain has moved to my legs and back this was accompanied by a migraine. I did not sleep most of the night because I could not stay still because of the pain. Again, the pain feels like sharp, stabbing, burning pain from deep within my bones. Not consistent throughout the whole leg but, the pain is in different parts at different times. Nothing is seeming to help except a combination of hydrocodone and ibubrofen that I take for migraines. I do not seem to have the "pressure points" I have read about. It does not hurt to touch. Does this sound like fibro? My paternal grandma has had this for many many years. Any relation? Help! Looking for any guidance...even it sounds like something else. So far Dr's think it could be a vitamin defieciency, pre-diabetes, or side effect of another med. I take many for bi-polar disorder. Help Please!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2004, 07:46 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Does this sound like Fibro?

Do a search on peripheral neuropathy which might explain some of the problems that could be causing this? Fibro hits the entire body and usually is prominent in shoulder/neck area. Most people do not just have fibro, but a combination of arthritis, etc., so it is hard to tell where one condition lets off and the other begins. (TT)

Old 05-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dave0787 HB User

You don't mention being diabetic, but that's exactly what this sounds like. Diabetic neuropathy.

Poorly controlled blood sugars are typically the inital cause of this disease, however many are effected simply because of having diabetes.

Either way, a trip to your health care provider is in order!

David Adams, ARNP

Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
(female)

mollymadison HB User

I must add in that last week in the ER the dr said I have liver inflammation that could be caused by Seroquel or hepatitis. 2nd time in ER last week, Dr' said right away that it was fibro. I am tender to touch almost everywhere. I am still weak and shaky. Pain is severe in the morning. Just turning over in bed brings on SEVERE muscle cramps. I meet with my PCP tomorrow. Hope she can give me news of some sort hopefully a diagnosis. ER Doc said would not be able to get a true firbr dx until the liver is not imflammed.

Old 05-25-2004, 06:09 AM   #5

typingterror HB User

Your plate sounds full. Good luck at doctor. Please keep us informed of any diagnosis you get. (TT)

Closed Thread