It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2004, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

Dee74 HB User
Twitch twitch GRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Anyone else?

I don't have a clue what on earth causes this, if it's a Fibro thing, if I even HAVE fibro, or what.. but OMG grrr.

Not even 2 minutes can go by without something on me twitching - not exaggerating at all. I thought it was just normal. But I've asked a couple people and no one else has this problem!

You know the whole twitchy eyelid thing? Well, I twitch EVERYWHERE.. I mean my eyelids, my lips, my TONGUE, fingers and toes, arms, legs, in places "down below", inside my ear - I'm so sorry TMI there but that's how weird these twitches are!!! Sometimes they're just little flutters, sometimes it'll be a biiiiiig twitch.. like my upper leg will start spasming for hours. There's always something twitching when I go to bed, and sometimes it's still there when I wake up.. like all day yesterday, my big toe on my right foot was going NUTS on me all day, I fell asleep with it twitching and by george it's STILL TWITCHING.

What on earth causes this? IS this a Fibro thing? I know most people will have little twitches here and there.. but do you ever have one that lasts for days upon days? They don't hurt, but omg they're so annoying!!

Last edited by Dee74; 05-17-2004 at 10:04 AM. Reason: reworded the "TMI" :)

Old 05-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #2
(female)

nanledaroe HB User
Re: Twitch twitch GRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Anyone else?

Have you ever been tested for MS?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2004, 04:07 AM   #3
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Not that I know of.. honestly, I have no idea what kind of tests are done for it. I know that that's one of the things that were mentioned by my new doc, but she's wanting to rule out other things first.

I haven't even brought this up to any of my docs yet, only because I TRULY thought that it was normal until a few days ago.. somehow twitching got brought up, and I started talking about how bad and how often I get them and everyone kept telling me "Dee, ummmm you need to get that checked out". Oooook. It's just gradually increased over the last few years, I've always had the eye twitches at times, a finger here and there, but now it's just everywhere.. but I've been so centered around getting the PAIN to stop, I don't even think about the twitches when I see the doc at all. I've never gotten a firm diagnosis yet.. still unsure of the Fibromyalgia thing at this point. They're pretty sure they've ruled out Lupus now. I see a Rheumatologist for the first time Monday afternoon. Should I bring it up to him or my regular doc first?

What tests are done for MS? I've had numerous blood tests done.. all have been normal other than a high albumin level and low platelets. I've had a CT of the brain once in the very beginning - about 3 years ago. That was fine as well. No other tests..

See now, you have me worried

Old 05-18-2004, 07:42 AM   #4
Inactive

Copper HB User

Hi Dee,

DEFINITELY get the twitching checked out. Tell whichever dr. you're going to see next - neurologist or GP- if they can't help. they should be able to refer you. There IS a possibility that it is as simple as needing to take a GOOD multi-vit and xtra magnesium & calcium.

I, too, have experienced many years of twitching - mostly painful - but usre that medication that's only legal in CA to deal with it.

Good luck, and try not to worry too much. Tension will only increase the twitching, so try some relaxation techniques to help cope.

Old 05-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #5
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Thanks Copper

The twitching itself doesn't really make me anxious or anything, I've only started REALLY paying attention to how often it is within the last couple of days. I mean, I've always noticed it because it can get quite annoying when you're trying to sleep and something's twitching like crazy.. like when my upper legs do it. That one is extremely hard to ignore and fall asleep with. What concerns me is what on earth is causing all my problems. I've had sooo many health problems in the last 3 years.. some related to each other, some not. My main concern is the muscle pain/cramping and pain in my joints that I experience on a daily basis.. it used to be just every now and then, but it tends to come in waves. It'll get really bad for a few days - bad enough that I can barely walk, and then I'm just really sore again. Lately, it's just been a daily event. I'm in pain every single day.. grrr

I will mention it to the Rheumatologist Monday and see what he has to say about it.

Thanks again

Old 05-18-2004, 10:28 AM   #6

typingterror HB User

Please keep us informed of your visit to rheumatologist. I have the same severe cramping and pain with days where I have to hobble. I gave up massage therapy as it was exacerbating trigger points in back whereby I was having nausea 24 hours a day on top of everything else. I will get to meet rheumatologist in arthritis seminar tomorrow night and can hardly wait since I will not be seeing her until 27th. Bring on the drugs as Motrin doesn't touch everything going on. Good luck at your doctor's visit. (TT)

Closed Thread