It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
Anyone from San Diego - trouble getting proper diagnosis

Hi. Is anyone else from San Diego? I've been to 2 uncaring, incompetent Rheumy's so far and was wondering if anyone knew of a good Rheumy out here. I'm not sure yet if I have Fibro. Here are my symptoms: TMJ, headaches, muscle and joint pain, insomnia, etc. I also have pain in my fingers, toes, elbows sometimes. I don't have fatigue like most other sufferers seem to have. Does this sound like Fibro? I take Flexeril before bed and Bextra in the am. The Bextra helps my arthritis pain, but does nothing for my TMJ and the Flexeril doesn't even help me sleep. Every morning I wake up with soreness. Sometimes my right hip and lower back ache so bad that it's hard to get out of bed and get moving. I'm also menopausal for good measure!!!!!! One of the Rheumy's told me that Fibro doesn't affect the hands, but others have told me that it can!!! Anyone?

Old 05-27-2004, 07:53 PM   #2
(female)

struble HB User
Re: Anyone from San Diego - trouble getting proper diagnosis

please tell me who you saw so that i dont go see them. I live in north county and i am about to be referred to a rheum doc. i have already seen a neurologist and he was no help except to tell me i had two cysts on my brain and they are unrelated to my symptoms.??????????????????????????????? ????????????????? what good are doctors these days?? where is the bedside manner...........sure isnt by the bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by struble
please tell me who you saw so that i dont go see them. I live in north county and i am about to be referred to a rheum doc. i have already seen a neurologist and he was no help except to tell me i had two cysts on my brain and they are unrelated to my symptoms.??????????????????????????????? ????????????????? what good are doctors these days?? where is the bedside manner...........sure isnt by the bed.
Hi: I live in Poway. Are you near me? I saw a woman Rheumy who moved to the bay area. Before her, I saw a Vietnamese woman downtown. They were both *******. I heard about another woman Rheumy in Escondido, but she doesn't take my insurance, so I can't afford her. Her name is Carol young. What Neurologist did you see? I hate Drs. and wish I never had to see another one again. Please write back and let me know who you saw. Thanks.

Old 05-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #4
(female)

struble HB User

HI,

I actually live in Carlsbad, and the neurologist i saw was named Thomas Chippendale right by Scripps in Encinitas. Its strange because my PA recommended him saying she heard his bedside manner was grear...OHHHHH I DONT THINK SO!!!!!! I have to let her know when I see her again that it was not the case.

Yeah I have Aetna HMO , so I am not sure who they would send me to for a rheum doc. I still have to tell her that that is who I need to be referred to. haha ME telling a doc what to do.........funny. Hopefully she will agree!

Old 06-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #5

socalsean HB User

strubble
I go to Chippendale too, and you're right he has the worst bedside manners.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I haven't bothered looking for anyone else and I don't want to drive all the way to Encinitas to see a Dr. There never seem to be any decent Drs. around Poway either.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #7

socalsean HB User

sunshine
I found a great neuro in Poway named Auturo Pagadan who was really helpful. I also go to the Pacific Pain Clinic in Encinitas and Oceanside and see Dr Robert Wailes and they are awesome. They give you no problems with narcotics if you use them correctly and they are willing to try anything to help you. I like them alot but you need a referral from a doctor to see them.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks socalsean. I'll look into the Dr. in Poway and then go from there.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:46 PM   #9

socalsean HB User

sun
I also see an allergist at Scripps LaJolla named Adrian Jaffer who has fibro as well and is very sympathetic.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

That's funny that you mentioned Dr. Jaffer. I saw a different Dr. in his office who was so rude and uncaring. After I saw her the one time, I found out that she moved to the bay area. I didn't know that Dr. Jaffer has Fibro. I wish I had seen him that time instead of the other Dr. Maybe I'll see him since they already have my records. At least I know that he believes that Fibro exists!!!! Thanks again. I appreciate the info.

Closed Thread