It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2004, 12:46 PM   #1

autmom HB User
Exclamation Organic Acid Test reveals yeast overgrowth, etc

My husband has Fibromyalgia. We are treating the yeast overgrowth with GSE and probiotics. I am now looking for a high potency mult-vitamin in capsule form.

His Organic Acid Test Results:

Yeast:
arabinose - 75.01 High

Krebs Cycle:
2-oxo-glutaric - 10.10 Low
citric - 162.84 Low

Fatty Acid Metabolites:
suberic - 2.23 High

Toxic Indicators:
pyroglutamic - 0.47 Low

Vitamin Indicators:
ascorbic - 0 Low
pyridoxic - 0 Low (B-6 deficient)
pantothenic - 0 Low

arabinose, pyroglutamic, pantothenic were also on my son's (he has autism) results. Both were low for vitamin C, though my son's was a "normal" low. My son also had a "normal" low of b-6.

Feedback welcome!

Old 05-30-2004, 08:17 PM   #2

autmom HB User
Smile Re: Organic Acid Test reveals yeast overgrowth, etc

OK, after much searching and comparing, I think I found one...

Advanced Daily w/CoQ10 by Nutri Needs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Re: Organic Acid Test reveals yeast overgrowth, etc

Can I ask what an organic acid test is? I didn't know that there was a test that tested for yeast. Thanks so much,
Katalina

Old 05-30-2004, 08:38 PM   #4

MrsChickapea HB User

What happens when you have a low blood sugar episode, Solstice??? I was dxed with Hypoglycemia 35 yrs. ago while pregnant. I do have some sort of seizure type episode. Can you explain, please! Thank You much.

Old 05-31-2004, 07:05 AM   #5

autmom HB User
Lightbulb Re: Organic Acid Test reveals yeast overgrowth, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice1221
Can I ask what an organic acid test is? I didn't know that there was a test that tested for yeast. Thanks so much,
Katalina
This was a urine test we had done by mail through The Great Plains Laboratory. You will find it if you search. The OAT is one of the tests recommended for autism and fibromyalgia (and for other disorders as well). It tests 62 items I believe. I just listed the abnormal findings above, which indicate yeast overgrowth, vitamin deficiencies, low seratonin, toxic and kreb cycle impairments.

We also had the Peptide test done at the same time. My son's peptide results showed he needed to be off milk. My husband's peptide test, to his relief, was normal.

I would not have known about the yeast overgrowth, deficiencies and impairments if we hadn't had these done. The doctor signed the paper for us to have these done. Otherwise our doctors seem clueless to all this....

Old 06-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #6

autmom HB User
Question Re: Organic Acid Test reveals yeast overgrowth, etc

Has anyone else had this test or similar tests done?

Old 06-04-2004, 12:06 PM   #7
Inactive

Copper HB User
Cool Re: Organic Acid Test reveals yeast overgrowth, etc

Hi,

Yes, my daughter & I have had hair analysis done by Great Smokies Lab. One of the reasons your dr. may have been clueless is that most western med practitioners don't believe in the validity of these tests. There ARE alot of variables - such as sterlility of containers, handling, temperature fluctuations, to name a few, all of which can impact the outcome of results. With the hair analysis, it missed a whole host of stuff that was later confirmed as positively present through traditional testing. That is not to say that I am against this type of testing, just that it needs to be viewed with the same degree of skepticism that we view most stuff medical.

Last edited by Copper; 06-04-2004 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-05-2004, 10:04 PM   #8

autmom HB User
traditional testing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
Hi,
Yes, my daughter & I have had hair analysis done by Great Smokies Lab. One of the reasons your dr. may have been clueless is that most western med practitioners don't believe in the validity of these tests. There ARE alot of variables - such as sterlility of containers, handling, temperature fluctuations, to name a few, all of which can impact the outcome of results. With the hair analysis, it missed a whole host of stuff that was later confirmed as positively present through traditional testing. That is not to say that I am against this type of testing, just that it needs to be viewed with the same degree of skepticism that we view most stuff medical.
What type of traditional testing showed the stuff that was apparently missed with the hair analysis?

I have thought about doing the hair analysis tests through The Great Plains, though don't really know what new treatment it would bring....

Interesting that my son and husband showed so many similiar abnormalities on the OAT test.

My son's doctor really had never even heard of The Great Plains Lab. He's a new doctor and I'm just glad he signed the permission.

Last edited by autmom; 06-05-2004 at 10:05 PM.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:35 AM   #9
Inactive

Copper HB User

Hi Autmom,

It's been years, and I'd have to dig thru stacks of papers to find specifics, but I recall that the hair analysis didn't pick up on an over-abundance of iron, deficiencies & and excesses of particular minerals, and a severe B-6 deficiency. One of the minerals that showed excess was selenium, which my nutritionist explained as my using a dandruff shampoo (one of those variables that dr.'s object about). I understand hair products of ANY kind CAN have a profound effect on test results, so how COULD they be accurate. Also, hair is so effected by environment and nutrition, yet really doesn't show what's going on in the body at a blood or cellular level.

Old 06-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #10

autmom HB User
Copper...B-6?

Copper,
My dh is also deficient in B-6. Do you take supplements, and if so have they helped much?

Old 06-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #11

autmom HB User
Question Re: Copper...B-6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autmom
Copper,
My dh is also deficient in B-6. Do you take supplements, and if so have they helped much?
Bumping this up for Copper.

Old 06-21-2004, 07:09 AM   #12
Inactive

Copper HB User

Hi autmom,

Sorry, haven't been up to computing for a few days. No, a dr. overdosed me on it about 20 yrs ago experimenting with one of his theories, now I'm allergic to it. So, if it doesn't come from foods, I don't get enough.

oh well!

Old 06-22-2004, 08:33 PM   #13

autmom HB User
Vitamin B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
Hi autmom,

Sorry, haven't been up to computing for a few days. No, a dr. overdosed me on it about 20 yrs ago experimenting with one of his theories, now I'm allergic to it. So, if it doesn't come from foods, I don't get enough.

oh well!
Yikes! Sorry, I have heard that getting more than 200mg a day could cause problems. Did you get more than 200mg of B6 a day?

Old 06-23-2004, 06:15 AM   #14
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

When I had that kind of problem I also added in a cleansing tea by the name:

Pau D' Arco.

It really helped and I believe speeded along my recovery.

Ed

Closed Thread