It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #1

Dimeit HB User
The cause and cure of my FMS.

Alot of you wil not believe this but my FMS was caused by bacteria in a root canal and under two mercury filling.The waste from the bacteria is what caused all the pain.I also know five other people with FMS that are getting well after getting there teeth fixed.Some will say i never had FMS to begin with because doctors tell everyone theres no cure for FMS but i can tell you this the MAYO clinic told me i had FMS in 1997 and in April of 2003 i got my teeth fixed and today i have no pain at all.Some will say that my FMS went away on its own and that could be true i guess ,but i dont think so.Some will say if this were true doctors would know about it but remember this, doctors are not dentist and are not trained to know anything about your teeth.
I know very well the pain that FMS can cause and that is why i am here posting.
A checkup by a good dentist would tell you if you have some of the problems i did and it may be your chance to get well.
If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them..............................Terry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: The cause and cure of my FMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimeit
Alot of you wil not believe this but my FMS was caused by bacteria in a root canal and under two mercury filling.The waste from the bacteria is what caused all the pain.I also know five other people with FMS that are getting well after getting there teeth fixed.Some will say i never had FMS to begin with because doctors tell everyone theres no cure for FMS but i can tell you this the MAYO clinic told me i had FMS in 1997 and in April of 2003 i got my teeth fixed and today i have no pain at all.Some will say that my FMS went away on its own and that could be true i guess ,but i dont think so.Some will say if this were true doctors would know about it but remember this, doctors are not dentist and are not trained to know anything about your teeth.
I know very well the pain that FMS can cause and that is why i am here posting.
A checkup by a good dentist would tell you if you have some of the problems i did and it may be your chance to get well.
If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them..............................Terry
Terry, are you telling us that there is mercury in our fillings? I'm 45 and have not been diagnosed with FM but sure do have all the symptoms. Have had alot of trauma in my life but the last but not least is the car accident I had two years ago and my brothers recent death. But my body, not only do I have neck and back pain, muscle twitches, trembling and dizziness. I have nothing wrong in my blood, I know I'm going through perimenopause but I think I may have FM due to the accident. Have had neck and back pain and muscle inflamation for a very long time. Inform me please.

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 11:48 AM   #3

Dimeit HB User

Like you i have always heard that the Mercury filling are bad for us but Mercury had nothing to do with my health problems.The waste from the bacteria in my gums was makeing me sick.Read all you can on the net about dentel bacteria.The bacteria can be in your gums and you will not know it,only a good dentist can tell you if you have any or not..........Terry

Old 05-30-2004, 12:41 PM   #4

sammikins HB User

i dont have any root canals or fillings so i think its very unliekly it caused mine!!

Old 05-30-2004, 01:08 PM   #5

MrsChickapea HB User

As far as the initial cause of my FMS was a combination of being in a chemical induced environment. On one side of the office was a very large garage for diesel equipment repair and the doors were never open to let fresh air in for the employees; secondly, above the office the had a parts department that painted the parts for 12 hr. shifts. We all ingested the fumes from the garage and the upstairs and the office got no fresh air for us to breathe.

I called OSHA in to investigate, but the owners were tipped off when OSHA would be there and the place was all aired out just before he arrived that day. He passed the building as far as fumes were concerned. End of Story!!!!

One of the ladies in the office began having headaches that she had never had in her life, I got FMS and the third lady got Reynauds disease. We have all been sick since working in the sick building.

Old 05-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #6
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hmmm, quite interesting. I have heard of the dental connection before. I wonder if there is a general connection to bacteria in the body. I know there is a connection to yeast in the body. I had a severe infection when I was 19, 21, 23 and again at 33 after my son was born. Maybe just the bacteria from the infection is what made my fibro so much worse. It was after the two surgeries to "correct" the problem that my fibro became so bad that I couldn't work anymore. I also had some chemical exposure in my past work history too.

Unfortunately the surgeries didn't seem to cure me. Supposedly I don't have the infection anymore but I have some permanent damage which causes me to have fecal incontinence.

I'm glad it cured you Terry. I wish we could get all of the great information and theories those of us who live with disease think of together with some reasearch scientists.

I've had a theory for a long time that hormone levels affect the disease as well. When I was pregnant I had almost no symptoms and felt like superwoman.

Maybe some others will post their theories.

Old 05-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #7

Dimeit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammikins
i dont have any root canals or fillings so i think its very unliekly it caused mine!!
If one of your teeth has died the pulp in the root will die to and bacteria will move in.Only a dentest can tell you for sure..........Terry

Old 05-30-2004, 08:25 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

Hi all,

I'm cured also of my painful condition. A lot of you know that I write to you about it from time to time. I'm glad that someone else has found a cure to these fibromyalgia symptoms. I think it's hard for people to believe....

Mine had nothing to do with bacteria from root canals, but from the mercury fillings in my teeth. I had eight of them replaced with less toxic fillings a little over 10 years ago.

Andrea, there is mercury in these "silver" fillings. In fact, there is much more mercury in a typical dental "silver" filling than silver. This mercury leaks continually and is accumulated in our bodies. How do we know if this affects us or not? How do we know if the headaches, muscle aches, and other fibromyalgia symptoms are caused from this? We still don't know enough about the relation between chronic mercury poisoning from dental fillings and illness. But many claim a link. I can testify that now I'm well, where before I was so crippled that at times I could not walk away to save my life (when my lower back pain was excrutiating). Now, I run nearly 20 miles a week.

It's good to have so many of you write about this and let us know. Thanks Terry for the information. I've heard that root canals can cause many problems. I'm glad that I didn't have any, and I never will. So many things are caused by the people that treat us, and I don't think they understand the enormous pain that may be created as a result.

Since fibromyalgia is uncureable in the minds of many people within the medical community, that's why I always have said the cure lies outside the "medical circle" that they created. A couple of us have discovered that cure outside those boundaries.

I think poor diet, poisons, allergens etc. can create for us great suffering. If only more people would realize it. If any of you would like to know more about the mercury that is inside these "silver" fillings, please let me know. I have a lot of knowledge about this subject, as well as information concerning diet and herbs that can help. I touched on so many natural things to get well, until I linked all of my troubles to those ugly gray-black metals in my mouth. It took me years and years of suffering before I could finally establish the connection.

Old 05-30-2004, 08:49 PM   #9

Dimeit HB User

Thanks for posting Rhody and you are a very lucky person to have figured out out to get well.One thing to wonder about in your case is did you have bacteria under the mercury filling that got removed at the same time that the mercury was removed.Two of my mercury fillings had leeked and bacteria was growing under them.
After my root canal was cleaned up i felt better two days later.After four months i felt great .I went back and had four mercury filling removed with two of them haveing bacteria growing under them and after that i am in perfect health.I know mercury is bad but i know for sure the bacteria is much much worse.........Terry

Last edited by Dimeit; 05-30-2004 at 08:53 PM.

Old 05-30-2004, 08:56 PM   #10

MrsChickapea HB User

Hi Taurus3. My daughter was fine with both pregnancies. Her fibro and asthma seemed to just vanish for the 9 mo. period. She was amazed!

Old 05-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

Terry,

I'm not sure if I had bacteria under the mercury fillings. As far as I know, the fillings were tight in the teeth, although they looked worn from years of use. They actually looked like they were depressed some towards the middle. I later read, that's because the mercury leaks constantly over the years, and the filling mass actually gets smaller.

I've heard so much of the negative impact some root canals can have on people. Someone I know very closely who is a medical professional also had trouble. I mention medical professional because they often don't believe anything other than what they are taught, within the boundaries of medical "tried and proven" science. She just decided to have the root canal completely removed. I was relieved to hear that, so I didn't have to say a thing. That root canal caused her so much local pain. I'm not sure if she had other pains as well.

I believe you...that the dental work caused your troubles. Dentists often don't want to talk about the mercury in them. There's pressure from some associations to not say anything, plus some think there's liability issues as well. So, we go through life thinking that we just have silver in these "silver" fillings, until someone surprises us with some facts.

A lot of things are hard to determine from our perspective, since we are just recording the results of our discoveries as patients. All I can say is that I noticed a relation between these mercury fillings and my health. This all happened when my tooth broke, exposing one mercury filling and my pains skyrocketed "to the roof". None of my natural therapies worked at that point. I then knew I was in trouble....

Lots of reading beforehand pointed out the dangers in these dental fillings, but I (like all of you) would never had believed it, until that fateful day. I appreciate the fact that you have also found a relationship between your root canals and your health. I've heard those bacteria that live in air-free environments are extremely dangerous.

I have also other indications that it was the mercury that caused me these troubles, with my anti-mercury experiments. One experiment caused me to get extremely sick right after I had these mercury-silver dental amalgams removed. My last experiment two months ago with cilantro got my arm muscles sore, near the elbow, especially the right one. With my herbs those pains are almost gone now.

This latest experiment with cilantro never affected my running, although I had some mild pains in the heels and tendons near the knees...so I just slowed down some etc. I had some red rash too near my right heel and right arm. I'm still trying to run faster and faster, if I can. I'm not happy just being cured. I guess being so sick and now so well, makes us try even harder. I just wish more people would believe. Years and years I was locked within a sick body. Now I can do things I never thought I could do. It's great to be free of those chest pains, headaches, lower back pains, gum disease, urinary problems, muscle aches, and loose teeth etc. Doctors could never explain it to me; I had to figure it out myself.

MrsChickapea,

I think moms are blessed with special health when pregnant. I seem to remember reading the reasons for it, but I'd have to check more....

Last edited by rhody; 05-30-2004 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Added clarification

Old 05-31-2004, 05:16 AM   #12

sammikins HB User

none of my teeth have died, ive got "perfect teeth" according to the dentist seen as im only 18 its unlikely thats the cause! plus pretty sure i know my cause anyway being a combination of lots of sinus infections, hep b vaccine n hep a vaccine n glandular fever!

Old 05-31-2004, 05:52 AM   #13

Dimeit HB User

I had been going to the same dentist for 25 years and thought i had good teeth to.Then i changed dentist and after he looked at the first xray he found all the infection.Why my old dentist let my teeth and gums get in such bad shape i will never know..........Terry

Old 05-31-2004, 05:54 AM   #14

Dimeit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhody
Terry,

I'm not sure if I had bacteria under the mercury fillings. As far as I know, the fillings were tight in the teeth, although they looked worn from years of use. They actually looked like they were depressed some towards the middle. I later read, that's because the mercury leaks constantly over the years, and the filling mass actually gets smaller.

I've heard so much of the negative impact some root canals can have on people. Someone I know very closely who is a medical professional also had trouble. I mention medical professional because they often don't believe anything other than what they are taught, within the boundaries of medical "tried and proven" science. She just decided to have the root canal completely removed. I was relieved to hear that, so I didn't have to say a thing. That root canal caused her so much local pain. I'm not sure if she had other pains as well.

I believe you...that the dental work caused your troubles. Dentists often don't want to talk about the mercury in them. There's pressure from some associations to not say anything, plus some think there's liability issues as well. So, we go through life thinking that we just have silver in these "silver" fillings, until someone surprises us with some facts.

A lot of things are hard to determine from our perspective, since we are just recording the results of our discoveries as patients. All I can say is that I noticed a relation between these mercury fillings and my health. This all happened when my tooth broke, exposing one mercury filling and my pains skyrocketed "to the roof". None of my natural therapies worked at that point. I then knew I was in trouble....

Lots of reading beforehand pointed out the dangers in these dental fillings, but I (like all of you) would never had believed it, until that fateful day. I appreciate the fact that you have also found a relationship between your root canals and your health. I've heard those bacteria that live in air-free environments are extremely dangerous.

I have also other indications that it was the mercury that caused me these troubles, with my anti-mercury experiments. One experiment caused me to get extremely sick right after I had these mercury-silver dental amalgams removed. My last experiment two months ago with cilantro got my arm muscles sore, near the elbow, especially the right one. With my herbs those pains are almost gone now.

This latest experiment with cilantro never affected my running, although I had some mild pains in the heels and tendons near the knees...so I just slowed down some etc. I had some red rash too near my right heel and right arm. I'm still trying to run faster and faster, if I can. I'm not happy just being cured. I guess being so sick and now so well, makes us try even harder. I just wish more people would believe. Years and years I was locked within a sick body. Now I can do things I never thought I could do. It's great to be free of those chest pains, headaches, lower back pains, gum disease, urinary problems, muscle aches, and loose teeth etc. Doctors could never explain it to me; I had to figure it out myself.

MrsChickapea,

I think moms are blessed with special health when pregnant. I seem to remember reading the reasons for it, but I'd have to check more....

Old 05-31-2004, 06:04 AM   #15

Dimeit HB User

You and i are very lucky people to know how we have beaten FMS.Like you i know there are so many others with FMS that have the same problems we had and dont know it.
Theres is a book by Weston A Price D.D.S called Nutrition and Physical Degeneration that tells all about the bacteria that can get in our teeth and how sick it can make people.He wrote the book in 1923.............Terry

Closed Thread