It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2004, 02:03 PM   #1

mongfairygirl HB User
Lightbulb Diagnoses Of Sorts.....feedback Wanted

.I normally post on the CFS board but i thought I'd post this one on here as well as it may help, and i am looking for some more answers.well i've actually seen a decent doctor, he owns the practice i go to. anyway, diagnoses is Fibromyalgia. Which is an associated condition to cfs. he says the only thing showing up on my blood tests is that i have overactive lymphocytes, that have attached themselves to healthy cells in my body. causing the pain. i had acupuncture and take an nsaid-yet to find one that helps all the joints, co-proxamol as a pain killer and amptriptyline as a 10mg dose before bed-its an old school anti-depressant that is now used by chronic pain clinics. anyone looking not to wake up in the night with muscle cramps should try this, i love it n feel much more refreshed in the mornings like i'v had good quality sleep (although i have been going to bed earlier too). due to so many drugs i am now non-alcoholic, which is difficult at times but i think that helps me a bit.
So looks like they can treat the symptoms but not the cause, what i ask is this:
ANYONE ELSE WITH AN OVER ACTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM DIAGNOSED WITH THIS? DO U SUFFER FROM CFS TOO? I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO LOOK FURTHER INTO THE CAUSE....MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP PEOPLE IF IT IS A COMMON FEATURE THAT DOCTORS OVERLOOK BECAUSE FIBRO (&cfs) IS A CONTROVERSIAL CONDITION, MANY DRS WONT DIAGNOSE OR TREAT IT.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2004, 06:31 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Diagnoses Of Sorts.....feedback Wanted

You have an interesting post as I have never heard of overactive immune system. I just assumed we were all underactive. I have had blood work done several times and this was never brought up. In fact, doctor's office just calls and says lab work is okay and doctor does not even have courtesy to go over blood work with me unless I specifically ask something and then they get ticked off because they think I am telling them how to run their business. You are very fortunate in having a good doctor who has found something that works for you. (TT)

Old 06-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #3
Inactive

Ajijaak HB User

Most people think of autoimmune diseases as meaning that the immune system is underactive. It's not - it's *overactive*, as per your DX. For whatever reason, our immune systems have shifted themselves into overdrive, and since there's no "invader" to attack, it attacks the only thing available - our own bodies. This, however, does not mean that the immune system is strong in terms of being resistant to opportunistic viral and bacterial infections - quite the contrary. The damage done to our bodies by the constant immuno-onslaught weakens our resistance to everything else. So, in a bizarre and paradoxical way, autoimmune diseases accomplish two seemingly mutually exclusive tasks.

Ajijaak

Old 06-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #4

nlbrunet HB User

I am taking custom made supplements. The ingrediants are formulated based on an in home urine test. The lab results came back with an over production on nitric oxide. Since taking the supplements my nitric oxide levels have stabalized and am feeling less pain, less depression and much more energy. [url]WWW.idealhealth.com/new_lan.asp[/url]. Let me know if you need further info. Nancy Brunet

Last edited by nlbrunet; 06-19-2004 at 08:30 PM.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:38 AM   #5

nastybreakz HB User

I'm having some of the same probs haven't been diagnosed yet but just wondering about acupuncture, cuz I really am considering this. Does it help and is it expensive. Just curious

Old 06-21-2004, 02:44 AM   #6
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi there,

Acupuncture cost varies depending on where you live but I have tried it and find it highly beneficial. It seems to work especially well for headaches and the leg pains of fibro. I believe a good provider can treat just about anything with it.

Mine is also a chiropractor so you might want to look for one that does both.

Good luck and hope it helps..Andy

Old 06-21-2004, 04:47 AM   #7
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Mongfairygirl--

I know my doc has taken blood work that shows the body is in hyperdrive fighting off something. My immune system is trying to throw off something , but I don't know what.

I've heard that it can be caused by multiple allergies.

True or untrue I don't know.

Ed

Closed Thread