It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 02:58 AM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Thumbs up Thanks For Being There

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your great info, ideas and sharing of feelings and symptoms. I just found this board a week or so ago and it has made such a difference in how I feel about my situation. I know I'm not alone. I know I'm not crazy. And I know I have somewhere to go with questions or frustrations that nobody else can understand.

I have learned more in the last week than I have in the last five years about fibro.

Special thanks to Char and TT, you're angels...

Old 06-01-2004, 03:31 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Thanks For Being There

You are so welcome. I agree it is so nice to find a common bond with so many others and not have to worry about being judged. The best part is that we are getting this service for free and open 24 hours a day. You can get support without even getting dressed. That reminds me of a dear fibro friend. I asked her if she ever got heat attacks. I will never forget her answer. She stated at that particular time she was naked as a jay bird with a scarf around her neck. It was the highlight of my day and I responded with question "Why the scarf, is this some kind of fashion statement?" Now every time I have one of these sweat attacks I think about her and have a big smile on my face. In a sad situation finding ability to laugh at ourselves is probably best medicine we can find. By providing support to others gives us strength to keep going. It seems that we are better able to help others than ourselves. It reminds me of the old saying about "can't see the forest because of the trees" or something like that. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #3
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Talking Re: Thanks For Being There

You are so funny! You have great stories. Laughing at something other than Sesame Street and the goofy things my son does feels nice for a change.

Have a great day! (don't we wish we had as much energy as this guy)

Closed Thread