It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

tam821 HB User
Question wellbutrin sr

I have to start taking wellbutrin xr, 150mgs. any one taking this, does it help?

here what my rhemy told me,,

he drew me a diagram... thought id share it with everyone..

firbro patients lack, seritonion ( for calmness etc..)
also neuro transmitters ( thats why our pain is so HIGH)
and dopamine( lack of this can cause parkinsons, like micheal j fox)

now we are all differnet, thats why he was trying drugs on me...

SERITION drugs, like zoloft, paxil, prozac.... wont work on you if you also have neuro tranmitter problems...

so he tryed: effexor on me.. which has both seritonin and neuro drugs

AND THAT didnt work,, i was still feeling bad...

SO he thinks, I am low on seritonion, neuro transmitters, and dopamine..
so he put me on wellbutin sr..

i guess thats why different drugs are working for us, we have all the same fibro, yet differnet defecincies. ( PLEASE excuse my spelling)

wellbutin is for depression and another name is zyban for smoking.. but he said I need the dopamine effect of this drug..

I hate being a gunea pig, but what can we do..

anyway, I would love to hear from ya about wellbutin SR, mostly if it makes you gain weight,...lol.. i lost 20 pds, and dont wanna gain it back..

i wish everyone here a painfree day. or at least a good pain day.

tammy

Old 06-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #2

amomof3 HB User
Re: wellbutrin sr

Hi! I am also on wellbutrin but on 300mg extended release. I have found it hasn't really helped with the pain but I am a little more energetic and it is helping me to quit smoking. but as for the pain nothing has seemed to help me I have tried every narcotic and non-narcotic in the book. But nothing seems to help. But I hope it works for you and if you get any other advice from your doc I'd to hear about it I think my doc has just given up.

God Bless and take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
(female)

mollymadison HB User

i have taken Wellbutrin for many years for bi-polar. I can not take the SR or XL, it stays in my system too long and I can't sleep. I don't know if it will help with the pain. I have read that prozac may help but everybody's different. I have also read (I think on this board) that magnesium tabs will also help with the pain. An ER doc also told me this. I started taking them about 1 1/2 ago. I did notice a change in the intensity. I didn't take them today because of vomiting and nausea and my pain is intense today. Coincidence? I don't know.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
(female)

tam821 HB User

thanks for the input. my biggest problem is sleep and pain, and this doc gives me this..he thinks by elevated all this levels in my brain it will help.

yea well in the meantime I have PAIN!!

my family doc gives me percocet, my rhemy doc dont like that but he can
kiss my butt, he doesnt know what it feels like

many thanks

Old 06-02-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

builder HB Userbuilder HB User

I wonder if we went to the same doctor. Are you in the Chicago Area? He told me the same theory. I tried Lexapro, Zoloft and Wellbutrin. This mixed with Ambien to produce deep sleep and the anti-depressants to save the seratonin. Wellbutrin made my condition worse. The others made me more fatigued and tired than I already was. Doc told me to give medicine a chance, but I was like a Zombie on these medicines. What seemed to work was 5HTP. A form of tryptophane. Seratonin saver. But one side effect is upset stomach. I tried it and couldn't take the nausea anymore. Some people have no problem with it.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:35 AM   #6

typingterror HB User

I am impressed with rheumatologist giving you such a thorough explanation of deficiences. I told my rhematologist that with all the theories out there I no longer know what to believe. I just read everything, but no longer take anything seriously. I, like you, just want combination that works to relieve symptoms without side effects. Guess that is almost like wanting a miracle. (TT)

Old 06-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #7
(female)

tam821 HB User

i am from pa, yes he explained it well to me, now i just need the combination that will work for me

Old 06-08-2004, 06:36 PM   #8

retiredtogo14 HB User
Cool Re: wellbutrin sr

undefined I have taken Wellbutrin SR for quite sometime for depression. I also have fibro, which is one aspect of the connective tissue disease that plagues my life daily. While Wellbutrin SR has helped my depression, it has not done a whole lot for the pain, stiffness, fatigue, and insomnia of the fibromyalgia. It might work differently for you and I would suggest that you give it a try. If you do, let me know if you receive any relief.

Sincerely,

Old 06-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #9

retiredtogo14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtogo14
undefined I have taken <A TITLE="Click for more information about wellbutrin" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://www.prescriptions-r-us.biz/">Wellbutrin</A> SR for quite sometime for depression. I also have fibro, which is one aspect of the connective tissue disease that plagues my life daily. While Wellbutrin SR has helped my depression, it has not done a whole lot for the pain, stiffness, fatigue, and insomnia of the fibromyalgia. It might work differently for you and I would suggest that you give it a try. If you do, let me know if you receive any relief.

Sincerely,

Closed Thread