It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2004, 04:30 AM   #1
(female)

Dee74 HB User
Angry Can I vent please?? If I could SCREAM this, I would!

I'm sick of pain, I'm sick of being tired, I'm sick of getting weak, I'm sick of needing help to walk across the room, I'm sick of doctors appointments, I'm sick of blood tests, I'm sick of headaches, I'm sick of not sleeping well, I'm sick of doctors treating me like an idiot and not LISTENING TO ME WHEN I TELL THEM IT HURTS, I'm sick of pills, I'm sick of not having a REAL social life and having to cancel plans all the time, I'm sick of not being able TO make plans half the time, I'm sick of losing so called "friends" because of it, I'm sick of headaches, I'm sick of not being able to eat because some pills make my stomach upset, I am SO freaking sick of being sick! And most of all, I'm SO sick of hearing "well we're not sure what's wrong with you."!!!!!

HELLO?? It's been over 3.5 years dangit!!!!!! I've had ENOUGH, MORE than enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could climb on top of the empire state building and scream this from the top of my lungs, MAYBE, just MAYBE, one decent doctor would hear me and REALLY hear me and FIX me. That's not too much to ask is it? No, I don't think so.

And on top of all this, now I either have pneumonia AGAIN or really bad bout of bronchitis.. it happens every freakin year around this time. Joy. Yay. Throw something else at me God, please.. I'm so SURE I can take it, REALLY!!!

ok vent over.. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO needed to get that out.

Now it's your turn.. go for it, you know you want to!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 04:50 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Can I vent please?? If I could SCREAM this, I would!

I hear you. You are on a roll. I applaud you. I would ask you to take a bow, but I don't want you to fall over because I probably could not help you up. You about covered everything. I am sick of people who are suppose to be friends/family who write us off because we are sorry sacks of do do. I am tired of being treated like a leper. I am tired of being tired. I am sick of catching everybody's germs when my life is already so isolated. The only thing I am thankful for now is finding so many fibro victims that we can vent with. (TT)

Old 06-03-2004, 05:30 AM   #3

Sandy5764 HB User

Hallejuah!! More people that feel the same way as me!!!!!! That helps a bit. In addition to all of things that you listed that you're sick of I have an addition. I still work (for the time being at least) and I am so sick of my boss!! She is the type of person who never, ever, ever gets sick or has pain. I have never seen her with as much as a runny nose since she started!!! Every time she asks how am I and I tell her that my pain is horrible, she just says oh and acts like I'm faking. I would like her to take my pain for one day, just one, and then maybe she'll understand what I go through every day just to get myself up, showered, dressed and to work. I feel like yelling at her every time I ask to go home early (which is extremely rare), "I'm so freaking happy that your healthy, but some of us have problems and are sick and/or in pain!!" Of course I know all that would accomplish is making her even madder at me (if that's possible).

Okay, another person's vent is now over. Thanks!!!

Old 06-03-2004, 08:13 AM   #4
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Keep 'em comin'.. vent away. It helps to know you're not alone!!!! Sad as that is, but still.. at least you know you're NOT freaking CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I feel the same way and you sure have covered all the bases. I have had this dd for 20 years and have gotten a lot worse. My flairs are lasting longer, new pain sites, and the flairs are one after an another. Plus the darn anxiety as these new things happen and is this the fm is something different this time.

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 06-03-2004 at 09:59 AM.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:20 PM   #6

careyb31 HB User

I know its frustrating, but I am trying to have the attitude that it could always be worse. There are so many things for us to be thankful for that maybe we should try and focus on those. I have days when I cry and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired, but then I remember my friend whose 14 year old son died this year and how her pain must be worse than mine. Hang in there! God has a plan for us all, and although we can't imagine why he would pick physical pain for us, I believe that there must be a reason and in time we'll all know what it is.

Old 06-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #7
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Oh sure, go and ruin a perfectly good vent getting all philosophical ! It's a great point. I spend more time doing the "what if" game than feeling sorry for myself. I had a friend in Iraq for over a year. That puts things in perspective. Then when you think about all of those who are slowly dying or missing limbs you realize it definitely could be worse. If being in pain is the price I pay for all of the other great things in my life it's worth it.

However, pain is relative, and this is the one place we can come and vent all of the feelings that most of us hold inside and don't share with our family or friends because they can't understand. So let's get back to telling it like it is.

As you've all mentioned feelings I've had throughout the years and especially the last two I've been home, I'll just add a few. I'm sick of fighting for my rights all the time and feeling the need to explain myself to everyone. I'm sick of feeling like a bad mother because I can't be super mom. I'm sick of other people thinking "if she can take of a child she SHOULD be able to work full time." They don't know that I spend 6 out of 8 hours a day that my husband is at work lying down. Not everyday, but often. They don't know that my husband has to do 90% of the household chores along with working. They don't know that my mother, my best friend, my niece all come and take my son places that I can't. I'm sick of missing out on all the things I love to do. I'm sick of wondering if I'll ever ride a bicycle again or be able go dancing.

Whew, I feel better. Now I'll go remember all the reasons I'm lucky.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:33 PM   #8
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Red face Re: Can I vent please?? If I could SCREAM this, I would!

I've only recently started feeling all the symptoms of fibro and I'm already sick of all the BS. I am so frustrated that Dr's seem to think I'm perfectly healthy. They aren't listening. I hurt AND I'm fatigued all the time. Today is actually been a better day but, the pain is still there. I have not been to work in 3 weeks and I'm using vacation time just being sick. My grandmother has fibro so she understands where I'm coming from and she gave me a name of a good Dr. This Dr. dX her with fibro in the 70's before it was really even recognized as a disorder. Now this Dr has many other Dr's in his practice and they specialize in fibro. They also have satellite sites around the metroplex. I hope they can see me soon.

So, back to the original thought. I am sick of it all too!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 05:25 AM   #9

Sandy5764 HB User
Smile Re: Can I vent please?? If I could SCREAM this, I would!

I know there are people a lot worse off than most of us (me, for instance), but sometimes that doesn't help when the pain is so extreme I want to scream (and usually do, if I can). I found a really good doctor, so that helps. Good luck to all of us!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 07:47 AM   #10

mamu710 HB User

I think we all have days we need to vent!
I would also add that I'm sick of doctors telling me my labs are normal and then dismissing me.
I'm sick of doctors in general ...but I'm sick of being patronized.
I'm sick of doctors offices who can't do there jobs and just write you a prescription when they say they will! If they can't do anything else for me...then the least they can do is give me a script when I call and not make me wait 2 weeks bleeping weeks!!!
Thanks!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #11

typingterror HB User

I am sick of fly-by-night "cures" being sold on every website that has to do with fibro. If the condition was so easy to control the medical profession would be aware of this as they would like nothing better than to be able to give us a "quick fix" and never see us again. (TT)

Old 06-04-2004, 08:19 AM   #12

typingterror HB User

Maybe we should get T shirts printed up before seeking medical advice stating "I got fibro. Do you have a problem with that? It would be an interesting approach in cutting through the red tape. (TT)

Old 06-04-2004, 01:49 PM   #13

sadeeanne HB User
Thumbs up Re: Can I vent please?? If I could SCREAM this, I would!

I am sick and tired of having to try to explain my symptoms to people. Is there a recording we can just turn on when we are asked "how do you feel?". I feel lousy! Some days are better--like when the sun shines and the birds are tweeting in the trees, and my husband just mowed the front lawn so I can put a chair out and just sit in the shade. But there are the other days when even though the sun is out and the birds are *&@# tweeting that I just feel like I can't do anything but sleep! "So what? Got a problem with that?" (so I tell my husband). My husband has just in the last couple months started to "act" like he believes I am in pain. This is after over 10 years being dx with FMS! Really! Do you think I would lie about being in pain for such a long time, and do you think I'm faking it when I groan getting out of bed or up from a chair? MAN! I love this thread! Thanks.

Old 06-05-2004, 05:09 AM   #14

Dimeit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee74
I'm sick of pain, I'm sick of being tired, I'm sick of getting weak, I'm sick of needing help to walk across the room, I'm sick of doctors appointments, I'm sick of blood tests, I'm sick of headaches, I'm sick of not sleeping well, I'm sick of doctors treating me like an idiot and not LISTENING TO ME WHEN I TELL THEM IT HURTS, I'm sick of pills, I'm sick of not having a REAL social life and having to cancel plans all the time, I'm sick of not being able TO make plans half the time, I'm sick of losing so called "friends" because of it, I'm sick of headaches, I'm sick of not being able to eat because some pills make my stomach upset, I am SO freaking sick of being sick! And most of all, I'm SO sick of hearing "well we're not sure what's wrong with you."!!!!!

HELLO?? It's been over 3.5 years dangit!!!!!! I've had ENOUGH, MORE than enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could climb on top of the empire state building and scream this from the top of my lungs, MAYBE, just MAYBE, one decent doctor would hear me and REALLY hear me and FIX me. That's not too much to ask is it? No, I don't think so.

And on top of all this, now I either have pneumonia AGAIN or really bad bout of bronchitis.. it happens every freakin year around this time. Joy. Yay. Throw something else at me God, please.. I'm so SURE I can take it, REALLY!!!

ok vent over.. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO needed to get that out.

Now it's your turn.. go for it, you know you want to!
If you have not been to the best dentist in your area its time to go see him.All of my FMS CFS IBD was caused by bacteria dental infections.Even if you dont believe i had FMS and got well after getting my teeth fixed you have nothing to loose except a few bucks for a checkup and you might get well.

Old 06-05-2004, 06:09 AM   #15
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimeit
If you have not been to the best dentist in your area its time to go see him.All of my FMS CFS IBD was caused by bacteria dental infections.Even if you dont believe i had FMS and got well after getting my teeth fixed you have nothing to loose except a few bucks for a checkup and you might get well.

I've been to the dentist quite a few times just in the last few months.. had all four wisdom teeth pulled, got a deep cleaning, all that good stuff. Fortunately my teeth are in great shape. I'm VERY particular about my teeth.. both of my parents have (well father HAD) horrible teeth problems and one of my worst fears in life is losing my teeth lol

So my teeth are definately not a problem. Not to mention any time I have dental work done, I have to take alot of antibiotics because I have Mitral Valve Prolapse as well.

But thank you for the heads up

Closed Thread