It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Question sweating

Does anyone with Fibro have severe sweating problems? Curious because my mom has it and she sweats so much she has to change her shirt 3 times a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 02:13 PM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: sweating

Yes, unfortunately I go through this so summers are really bad for me. My body carries so much heat that I believe I could run around naked and still have a sweat attack. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
(female)

struble HB User

hahaha i cant even count the number of times i have had to change my shirt at work or go home, or even go buy another shirt at tj maxx (bummer). I wonder if that has to do with toxins in your body, and then i wonder if the toxins in your body make the fm because they are poisoning your body. hmm maybe we should all go get colonics.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User

Thanks for the replies. I will pass it along to my mom.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:27 AM   #5

mere HB User

Sweating is an autonomic reaction. Autonomic reactions are common in FMS. I had trouble with sweating, shortness of breath and tachycardia (all autonomic reactions). Verapamil, a calcium channel blocker helped tremendously - a beta blocker would also work. Added plus: the Verapamil also helps my raynaud's syndrome.

Mere --

UCTD, FMS, IBS, Raynaud's

Old 06-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #6
(female)

nanledaroe HB User

When I go outside to do yard work, I end up pouring sweat. I always take a towel outside with me. I know that excessive sweating is also a side effect of some antidepressants, which I take.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #7

sadeeanne HB User
Talking Re: sweating

I started sweating profusely just about the time I was diagnosed with FMS (10 years ago). It was very embarrassing and the people I worked with and for criticized me for it. I had to quit work for several reasons relating to FMS about 8 years ago, but have just started working again about 15 hours a week. I love working, but I am still sweating. It can be the middle of winter with snow on the ground, and wind blowing 30 miles an hour, and here I am sweating! The summer is worse, of course, but I live in the Pac. NW--it doesn't get hot very much and very long. I've learned to carry a fold-out fan in my purse as well as a nice handkerchief. (Remember your kindergarten teacher who use to carry her hanky in her cleavage? I thought that was so gross then, but, although I don't carry mine in that place, I really understand now!)

Old 06-05-2004, 09:45 PM   #8

Judee51 HB User

Hello everyone,, I also have the problem with sweating, have had this for well over 6 years never dreamt it was from my fibro, i always thought it was hot flashes from menopause, but meno is over now and i am still sweating, its just terrible, one minute hot the next minute cold, this goes on all day.. summers are the worst... i dont know, i am learning something new about this fibro everyday..sincerely, Judee

Closed Thread