It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2004, 07:21 PM   #1

De Lou HB User
Question Just a ?

Hi -

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia are one and the same. I have a friend who was told she has MPS. She is forever in great pain. the main reason I am asking is becuase about 10 yrs ago I was told I had fibro. Then come to find out in July of 99 I had MS. I do know you have to find the right DR's and as of right now they just tell her thats what she ahs and give her cortizone shots. I am told this is more come in african americans. or I should say from research I have found this out. However I have also heard the same about MS. I am a (goofy) white girl. thats what she calls me. And of course I am digging into this to much she will tel me but I am very concerend. Today is the 1st time I have talked to her in a long while. and to hear the pain she was in brought me back rto my days of being unsure as to what was wrong w/ me and waiting all those years to hear I finally had MS. She takes the cortizone injections every 3 mons. and then for the pain daily she can take Vicodin which she does not like.

If anyone can give me some insight on this taht would be great. Or maybe some sights to check out. I love her dearly and can just hear the pain she has when I talk to her. She cannot walk to much her ankles swell. It is hard for her to do anything w/ her hands as her wrists swell so bad. It does sound like the pressure points have got her. But they did me too.

Thanks all!!!!

De

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Just a ?

I checked under Google Search by entering myofascial pain syndrome and first that came up was fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain syndrome (FMS/MPS) often co-existing by Dr. Devin Starlanyl who has this and has caused her to stop practicing. On her site go to patients and supporter area and it will give a long description. Hope this helps as it is too long to try and type out. (TT)

Old 06-06-2004, 07:38 PM   #3

De Lou HB User

Hi-

thank you so much for your help!!!

De

Old 07-02-2004, 07:02 AM   #4
(female)

SHERRIE TUCKER HB User

If You Dont Mind Me Asking... What Were Your Symptoms 10 Years Ago When It All Started For You? I Am Dx'd With Chronic Myofascial Pain And Fyromyalsia I Am Miserable. Your Friend Is Very Luck To Have You So Concerned About Her.
In Reading These Boards, I Looks Like These People Who Are Dx'd With These Diseases Eventually Get Dx'd With Ms Of Lupus Or Some Other Auto Immune Disease. Could You Let Me Know That You Felt Like In The Beginning? I'd Really Like To Know.
Thanx!
Sher

Closed Thread