It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 05:50 AM   #1

typingterror HB User
Another theory

The chronic pain you're experiencing may not be what you think. While aches in the back, arms, legs, neck and chest are often diagnosed as fibromyalgia or stress, they may actually be caused by a vitamin D deficiency Prevention magazine reports. Researchers at the University of Minnesota found that 93% of the 150 pain subjects they studied were vitamin D deficient. The deficiency had been thought to occur only in people over 65. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
(female)

DecLady HB User
I do trust what Prevention magazine reports...

They always seem to be a step or two ahead of standard medical practices...but I guess the more I hear and the more I research I think that there are many causes for the same or very similar syptoms. That this really isn't just one illness. But, that for some reason, a lot of different things, be they viruses, or ??? -we all end up with similar symtoms because the same brain receptors are being affected. So, untill they know more about the brain and pain....I think there will be a lucky few that figure out what was wrong with them....and then there will be the rest who don't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2004, 06:48 AM   #3

typingterror HB User
Re: Another theory

I am going to be brave and ask my rheumatologist in July if they will do a complete chemistry which is being really brave or stupid since blood draws are so painful for me. It will probably take them a week to get enough blood for testing. I want to know for myself if I am chemically imbalanced as I have my doubt now about being mentally balanced. You would think this would be a priority for us mysterious sickies, but they are too narrow minded to try to get a look at the whole picture. Why do we need to be so logical? (TT)

Old 06-08-2004, 07:08 AM   #4
(female)

DecLady HB User
I guess I would only go thru the draw if...

I knew I was dealing with a doctor that KNEW what the results meant!!!Unless you intend to take the results to another physician, or self treat???I have to wonder if a lot of what you will find are that if you did the same draw next week the numbers would change? I wish you luck, but so far I don't know that I trust the "scientists" to guess correctly what all those results mean!

Closed Thread