It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Wink Today is a better day

Today is a better day for me. I woke with only a little pain in my legs. Yesterday the pain was intolerable. I didn't sleep at all on Thursday due to the pain in my legs. To top it all off, after 4 messages to my Rhuemy, the nurse called me back and said my Dr never responded to the messages and the Dr on call said to go to the ER. I didn't want to do that! I just want something for the pain to last me through the weekend. Anyhoo, I spoke with my psychiatrist to see if I could take a flexiril and she pointed out that the klonopin would be good for that and we wouldn't have to sway from the med regimen that I am on. So I took one at 6pm and then one at 9pm and got the most sleep in several weeks. Restful sleep. I didn't wake up one time. I slept until 9:30am this morning. I think that's why I feel so much better. So today, I'm going to try a little walk in the mall (not too much) and some cleaning (just the dishes). I don't want to over do it because I know I will suffer tomorrow and I only have 2 pain pills.

But ANYWAY, I feel better today, I hope someone else feels better today too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2004, 10:43 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Today is a better day

I am happy for you. Yes, I am having a good day also. Maybe we were suffering before from full moon effect. I had a really bad Wednesday early evening and thought it was curtains as I had a vicious sweat attack for half hour which was worst I had ever gone through. I stripped off everything. My hair was soaking wet like I had just washed it. When I was through I was totally drained, but fought to stay awake to hydrate myself as I was totally dehydrated. That is only problem I am having with taking Flexeril as it is dehydrating me and I already have severe dry eyes/mouth. Thursday I went to store and by time I got home my feet had gone into severe cramps so I took Flexeril (even though I am only suppose to take at bedtime) and slept awhile to get me back on track of feeling good. Dr. says I should not take naps during day as it will mess up my sleeping pattern--what pattern? I was only getting decent night rest every five days. That is easy for a doctor to suggest, but we have to do whatever is necessary to get back on track. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Re: Today is a better day

I had a great day yesterday too. I'm glad you two were able to do a little bit.

And just for the record...I could not function without taking at least one nap per day and it doesn't interfere with my sleep patterns. I used to listen to that nonsense but when I became unable to work I found that I get much more accomplished and have much less pain if I pace myself. So I rest throughout the day and sleep at least 7 hours at night. Honestly any more sleep than that and I wake up hurtingjust from being in a static position for so long. That's the part they don't get. Sleeping too long hurts.

I do the dishes, then lay down for ten minutes. I vacuum (sometimes) then lay down for an hour or less. At 1:00 ish I take a nap. Doing things this way allows me to hurt less and do more. And it keeps my body from having aches and pains from standing, sitting, working or lying down to long at a time.

So take your naps!

Closed Thread