It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Question New medication

Has anyone tried ultracet? I've never tried it and one of my Dr's suggested it, mainly for migraines.

Old 06-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
(female)

DecLady HB User
I have used Ultram..

Which is ultracet without the acetaminophen ( tylenol) I found it works for me with the general achiness and pain...but at there is a point where the pain is too much and I need something stronger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2004, 08:45 PM   #3
Inactive

waiting4acure HB User
Re: New medication

I have been on the ultracet for a long time (1 year) and it does help with the "minor pain"...but is starting to wear down with even that.

Dec Lady,
What do you use for the more 'major' pain? thx

Old 06-14-2004, 05:15 AM   #4
(female)

DecLady HB User

When the Ultram doesn't take care of the pain, I also have vicoden. That has been working well most of the time for the rest of the pain that I have. But, there have been times where the vicoden doesn't get rid of the pain. That is the part of this whole thing that gets overwhelming to me, when even the narcotics aren't making much of a dent! I wonder what is next..and how long this will go on....I am Dx'd 2 years in November....symptoms for a couple years before that.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

When I was prescribed Darvacet for pain, I rec'd Ultracet. My insurance company automatically gives me the generic medication when it's available.

tk

Old 06-16-2004, 10:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

I used to take ultram and then ultracet. Never did a thing, used it for breakthru pain mostly tho. Now i take hydrocodone 7.5 along with soma for the fibro. When it gets worse and that doesnt help i'll go up to the hydrocodone 10/500 along with soma PLUS propoxy which is generic or substituted for darvocet for the breakthru pain.
Even that doesnt help sometimes. well most times it doesnt. But ive been offered morphine which i refuse to go on at this time. Just cant see myself using that right now cause if i get used to that and that doesnt work anymore, what is left to use??? So im keeping that till i cannot stand the pain and nothing else will help. At least i have or leave some hope open for myself knowing it will be given to me when i need it or ask for it. Hopely that time will be a long time away from now.
jen

Old 06-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #7
(female)

mollymadison HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkgoodspirit
When I was prescribed Darvacet for pain, I rec'd Ultracet. My insurance company automatically gives me the generic medication when it's available.

tk
Darvocet and Ultracet are not the same medications at all. I wonder why they did that?

Old 06-17-2004, 06:33 AM   #8
(female)

aaronon HB User
Wink Re: New medication

I've had Fibromyalgia for as long as I can remember. When first diagnosed, I researched everything possible to find out all I could about it. According to most researchers/physicians, Fibro is not a progressive illness. I believe that to not be true. My pains in the last few years have gotten progressively worse. How I make it through the day, I have no clue. I don't take anything for pain now, but, before, when first diagnosed, I took anything the doctor would give me.

Old 06-17-2004, 07:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

I also believe its a progressive illness. Cant tell me its not, ive had it for almost 20 yrs and oh has it gotten worse. For many years i also went without pain pills. Just tolerated it and even held down a full time job for over 10 yrs.
Now, i will be 50 next month and sometimes i need help just getting out of bed. No, im not heavy, i weigh 125, but my spine and bones feel as if i weigh 500 lbs. Then it takes a few hours, at least two dosages of pain pills to even get to the point where i can do anything. So yea, it does progress. I dont care WHAT the doctors or researchers say. Its the people who are going thru it that know.

Old 06-23-2004, 07:43 AM   #10
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

I take Ultram (the form without Tylenol in it), but also use Vicoprofen because the Ultram isn't enough to give me relief to get things done.

Ed

Closed Thread