It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Wink Father's Day News

Hi Everybody,

I haven't been replying much because I had some down time and have ben busy catching up with the house when I feel decent. With all my husband has done in the last two years to take care of me and our family I was bummed out that I have no money to do anything really special for him. But I entered him in a Father's Day Makeover contest and he won. He went last night and had a facial, massage, manicure, haircut and picked out a new dress outfit. He looked ten years younger when he came home.

Sunday we get to go to dinner in a limo on the TV station. I sent them an essay talking about him having to wash my hair, do all the cooking, bathe our son, etc. So I just thought I would share something positive. I'm so grateful I was able to make this happen for him.

Just this last week I had to add about four things to his list of things I can't do because I'm six months along now. Hands hurt, gotta go, but have a nice weekend everyone. I really believe coming here and gaining the knowledge, support and place to vent has improved my life so much in such a short time. I get much more out of life now that I'm feeling more positive about my illness. I don't think I would've even entered the contest before because I was at that "everything bad happens to me" place in my head.

Thank you all of you!

Old 06-18-2004, 10:04 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Father's Day News

Wow what good news. Wouldn't we all love a makeover and to be pampered? I am sure your hubby felt so honored. You just go strutting your stuff when you step into the limo and we will all be thinking of you living high for a day! (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Talking Re: Father's Day News

Taurus-
I'm so glad to hear something positive for your husband. That is so GREAT that he won and he definitely deserves it! He must be your biggest fan!
Have fun on father's day!

Old 06-19-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

kristinita9 HB User

Way to you girl! Enjoy your limo & dinner; you both deserve it. Write a note and tell us all about it.

Old 06-19-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Gee, great news, congratulations. I bet you had a wonderful time. I only ever won a big chocolate rabbit and was he ever good. Did not know there were calories in chocolate, lol.

This is my biggest craving with fm, I have become a chocolholic, so if anyone has any they do not want keep me in mind.

I am so happy for you, we deserve something good in our lives with the pain we endure.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 06-19-2004 at 05:17 PM.

Closed Thread