It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
Inactive

Ajijaak HB User
Anything work for you when you've caught a bug or cold?

Having massive joint/muscle/nerve pain tonight, and the whole body feels like it's being zapped with a cattle prod.

My father was hospitalized over the last week (just released yesterday), so i'm kind of run-down anyway. This could be either a massive allergy attack (mimosas and other trees are blooming right now), or I might have caught some sort of bug at the hospital.

Either way, I've got a tremendous amount of work today, but the pain makes concentration extremely difficult. None of my usual meds are working. Have any of you had good luck with anything - meds, supplements, whatever - in this situation? I'm desperate.

Thanks,

Ajijaak

Old 06-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Anything work for you when you've caught a bug or cold?

Hi Ajiaak---

If you caught a bug from the hospital, my experience with that kind of thing lately is that the doctor now uses Zithromax on me. 3 pills over three days lasts ten days.

Lyme Disease treatment had left me with thrush from intense anti-biotic use.
The Z-packs of Zithromax really got rid of the bug I had about a month ago.

Just my experience,
Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
Inactive

Ajijaak HB User

I absolutely LOVE the Z-packs!

I used to get strep and bronchitis every year, multiple times a year, without fail. I was so antibiotic'd to the gills that most quit working (aside from the little problem they created that only Diflucan could solve). Now, I virtually never take antibiotics unless it's so bad that I can't get well any other way, and when I do, I insist on Zithromax. What a find!

As it happens, I actually do feel better today, after an allergy attack when I first awoke. I imagine you're right, and i did pick up something at the hospital that turned what would have been merely allergies into a sinus infection. If I can make it without a doc visit, I will (no health insurance); if not, I'll take your advice and ask him for a Z-pack.

Incidentally, did your fibro result from your bout of Lyme disease? And - showing my ignorance here - could you explain what "thrush" is? I've heard lots of people talk about it over the years, but never got a satisfactory explanaiton of what it *is*. (Of course, God forbid that I should look it up for myself . . . . )

A

Old 06-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #4
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Ajijaak---

I was told that the Lyme Disease is now manifesting itself into FM. It already has and there is no turning back from the fact that I have it.

Re: thrush---my tongue turned black and furry-----I know: disgusting, but I was on so many antibiotics to fight the bugs--what could I do?
So-I was give Diflucan, which didn't work and then given Nystatin which cleard it up after using a couple of bottles of it.

The Zithromax: recently is the first time I had it and I thought it was terrific and like you, it was from a sinus infection.

Ed

Old 06-20-2004, 05:05 PM   #5

typingterror HB User

You are probably just run down from stress, exhaustion and overdoing things. Hopefully your body will soon cooperate where you just pass out from fatigue and get some good sleep so you can go back to square one. I have a tendency to wind up this way every weekend because I unknowingly overdo things and then pay the price. However, I refuse to just sit back and wait for the grim reaper and intend to stay as active as possible when I am up to it. (TT)

Old 06-21-2004, 03:32 AM   #6
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi There,

You might try Gingko Biloba. It helps improve concentration.

I hope you are feeling better. - Andy

Closed Thread