It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #1

dramagurl704 HB User
Unhappy Headaches

Lately I have had the worst headaches is this part of fibro or is something else going on too. Does anyone have any idea how to deal with the headaches? I would appriciate any and all ideas.

Old 06-20-2004, 04:46 PM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Headaches

I used to get headaches a lot and doctor cannot figure out why I am not getting them now as I have severe arthritis in the neck. I do get days though where my neck hurts so bad that it hurts to hold my head up, but this comes mainly from sleeping with head twisted at wrong angle. Also, I have very dry eyes and this also caused me to have headaches, but now I more or less have that under control with cyclosporine drops. However, when I do get run down I have pains that shoot through my head like bolts of lightening which will about drop you to your knees, but fortunately this is a rare occurrence. I know many people who have fibro also get migraines. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 02:11 AM   #3
Veteran

thisstarr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by typingterror
I used to get headaches a lot and doctor cannot figure out why I am not getting them now as I have severe arthritis in the neck. I do get days though where my neck hurts so bad that it hurts to hold my head up, but this comes mainly from sleeping with head twisted at wrong angle. Also, I have very dry eyes and this also caused me to have headaches, but now I more or less have that under control with cyclosporine drops. However, when I do get run down I have pains that shoot through my head like bolts of lightening which will about drop you to your knees, but fortunately this is a rare occurrence. I know many people who have fibro also get migraines. (TT)
Hi,

OMG I cant believe it, I have finally found someone who go's though what I do and understands. I always have a headache it is a never ended pain, on top of the FM & TTMJ pain. Sometimes it gets worse to the point I want to die. I try to explain to my doctors the headaches feel like lighting hitting me in the head like a sharp jerking pain that can make me fall too the floor. I have never heard of ANYONE having the same proble as me! I am so sorry you go though what I do, I thought I was the only one, I really did, I doc's cant figure it out and blame it on my med's. The pain is unbearable you can think talk ro even stay still!
When I get the sharp lightening pains I just want to die and crawel up in a ball
I cry so bad and feel like I am going to go crazy! I also get pain behind my eyes really bad that I cant stand, I have a headache right now that is a killer I can barly write this post, but I cant sleep I only slept 2 hrs last night!
I cant take the pain but nothing I do or take helps. I put Ice on my head to try to ease the pain, have you found anything to help the pain????

It is so unfair we all suffer this way, I wish this on knowone!
to a pain free day~

STARR

Old 06-21-2004, 02:52 AM   #4
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi There,

I get those pains as well. At first I thought I had a brain tumor or something. But luckily it's just some mysterious unexplained pain like all the others of fibro. Ok just kidding really, but I have found that acupuncture can knock it out instantly. Also I have learned where some of the points are and can massage them myself for relief. When you are having the pains or the headache try to massage your forehead and skull. Look for tender spots and give them hell. It's the sore spots that are causing the problem. It might hurt a little at first but it's a good kind of hurt if that makes sense. After awhile you should find that you have a pattern of where the spots are and hopefully rubbing them will help.

I hope you feel better soon. When I have the headaches it's almost impossible to function, especially with a two year old running around. He's a very good boy but any sound makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

-Andy

Old 06-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #5
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Dramag--

I always have a problem with the right side of my head.
Something I've found helpful other than meds in an ice pack.
For whatever reason it brings my pain level down.

Ed

Old 06-24-2004, 06:22 PM   #6
(female)

tam821 HB User

ICE PACK.. yes I will try that.. thanks. I do have fibro and boy do i get headches, right across my forhead, and sometimes on the left temple. they make me sick to my stomach and nothing takes it away..

in fact i have one now. OUCH

tammy

Old 06-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #7
(female)

mollymadison HB User

I have been getting those lightening sharp pain in the right side of my head since I was in ninth grade. It's right behind the eye. They also drop me to my knees. Now, often times, they develop into tremendously horrible migraines. That's how I know I'm getting one. The Dr's have always attributed this pain to migraine headaches. But, now I wonder if that's all there is to it. Last year I missed over 30 days from work due to migraine headaches. Have been to the hospital 9 times for migraines in the past year. None of the migraine medicines work. The only thing that works for me is Vicoprofen. I have found that Lortab 10 works better and faster but, my doc won't give me that. I have also found that drinking an Alka Seltzer (lemon-lime) with the Vicoprofen helps make the meds take effect faster. The lemon lime flavor taste like sprite without sugar. Just drink it down without thinking about it! That's what I did the first time and now, it's no problem. I believe in this method so much that I keep plenty of alka seltzer on hand at work, home, and in my purse. Try that!

Also, a neurologist suggested a herbal preventive for migraines called MigreLief. He says it works. However, I can not take it due to my Psych meds (I'm bipolar and severely depressed right now so I'm on alot of meds). Maybe you can try that too! Let me know how it goes out there.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #8
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Also---

I don't remember whether I mentioned this, but you said you have problems with your neck. I have disc disease in the area and my headaches were attributed to muscle contractions. They said they were Muscle Contraction Headaches.

I try to avoid anything that makes my neck stretch out or in the wrong direction and am real careful about pulling or pushing anything too strenuous.

Ed

Closed Thread