It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #1

dramagurl704 HB User
Unhappy Leg pain and sleep

I get the worst pain from my knees to my ankles at night and it is making it even harder to sleep. It HURTS so bad and I am at my wits end!!!! The lack of sleep is making me grumpy and i am dragging even more the usual. Does anyone else go through this and what have you found to help.

Really need help
Meg

Old 06-20-2004, 04:49 PM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Leg pain and sleep

I also had this really bad with severe cramping. I tried to elevate legs which only made it worse. Doctor put me on Flexeril and this stopped all cramping unless I overdo it and it will start acting up again. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 05:06 PM   #3
(female)

smackliet HB User

Calcium and magnesium help me alot. It works best if taken every night but it also helps if you have to wake up with crampnig in the night and take it. It starts helping in an hour or so.

Old 06-21-2004, 06:52 PM   #4
(female)

mollymadison HB User

I concur with the calcium/magnesium. I have been taking it and my legs are starting to feel better. But, I don't know if that's the real solution or if it's all in my head.

Old 06-21-2004, 09:12 PM   #5

graycee HB User

Dr. put me on neurontin and mirapex. This combo really works for me. Before it was unbearable, I was up almost all night because of it.

Old 06-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #6
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

I go through that when I wake up---not at night. I've been using magnesium and have found that a megadose helps, but it isn't worth the problems with the stomach. I'll probably settle with 400mg. four times daily, maybe less.
Then it just helps slightly---the larger dose really took care of it.

I hobble down the hall when i get up and feel like the edges of my feet are made of a metal saw. The legs feel like they have wooden stakes shoved up from the soles of my feet.

Can you take meds at night to relieve the problem. I think that's why it doesn't bother me as much at night--I've already had a day of pain pills.

Ed

Old 07-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #7
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User

I was wondering ..do you have pain i nthe top part of your feet also when you first getup??? I have been having alot of pain when i get up in the morning that goes from my feet up half way to my calves and cant seem to find out whats goin on..I thought when i rested it would make it better but actually movin around is the only thing that seems to make it ease yet never reall;y go away...I can barely walk in the mornings this past week or so...I havent been diagnosed with fibro..I am just tryin to find answers to my odd problem..your post was the first i saw that closely resembles what i am goin through...Have a good day....I will be anxiously awaiting your reply...

Old 07-15-2004, 05:35 AM   #8
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

That's exactly what it feels like and it seems we both do have this in common. I literally have to hobble when I wake up in the morning. I make coffee, take pain meds and then sit in a recliner for about an hour or so until I'm able to walk 'normally'.

Also--I tried an experiment. I took two days when I didn't walk at all.
My feet and legs were better than they were when I woke up on the third day.

I then resumed my regular routine and then the aching and pain started again.

I need pain meds for it. I hope you have some or can get some and I hope you make a list of all of your symptoms and try a rhematologist.

You'll have to get some kind of diagnosis since the symptoms are serious.

Rest up.

Ed

Old 07-15-2004, 06:46 AM   #9

snslilly HB User

I have the same problem with my legs and feet. That's where the majority of the pain that never goes away is located. It is considerably better when I stay off my feet. The last 3 days, I have done nothing but sit in front of my computer, lay in bed, or relaxing in front of the tv. I tried walking with crutches and a walker to take some of the pressure off my feet and legs but it didn't help much. In fact, it made my arms, shoulders, and back hurt worse so I gave them up too. My doctor put me on neurontin about a month ago but it's making me really sleepy so I haven't been able to reach the maintainance dose yet. Everytime I up the dose, I'm out for hours (6-8) at a time. I've been taking magnesium for 2 years now but I have to watch because it really aggrevates my stomach ulcer.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:49 PM   #10
(female)

mollymadison HB User

The pain in my feet and legs is where my fibro started. It feels like I am walking on nails and my legs are burning from the inside out. Feels like my bones are on fire. That's the only way I can describe it. I also get up in the morning with stiff feet with ankles hurting. After moving around a little in goes away. I guess I am lucky that way. But, lately at night, the pain in my feet and lower legs has been extreme enough to wake me up at night. I finally got my Dr to approve vicodin. That is helping.

Hope your legs and feet and ankles feel better soon.

Closed Thread