It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

DecLady HB User
Do you cry a lot???

For the last year or more I seem to cry at the drop of a hat! I have never been much of a crier. Occaisionally at "that time of the month" . But haven't had that for 10years now so that isn't it! But, EVERY time I try to talk to Dh about anything of merit..I get emotional sounding...and tearful! It makes me crazy sometimes! I DON"T feel particularly depressed...I do get a bit annoyed at my lot in life sometimes ( dont' we all!!) but this emotional instabilty is just throwing me! I am not much of a drug taker if I can manage things another way. So, I thought I would give the board a try and see what others had to say about this aspect. I am wondering how common this reaction is with this DD????

Old 06-21-2004, 07:19 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Do you cry a lot???

Yes, since having this condition I have turned into a bawl baby also at the drop of a hat. A couple of years ago my neighbor took me to some kind of concert where they played some military song and an old veteran stood up and saluted and had tears running down his face. Well, I was bawling more than he was and she was so embarrassed by my action. I bawl when I watch Oprah be it good news or bad news. I even bawled watching Garfield movie, but at least I was alone and it was dark. Emotions are way out of control so don't feel alone. We can bawl together. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 07:58 AM   #3
Inactive

Ajijaak HB User

Oh, God, honey, I bawl at everything and nothing.

Actually, I'm better at the moment than I've been in years, but I refuse to watch tearjerker movies, on the theory that there's enough to cry about in real life - I don't need, as my mother used to say, to go borrowing trouble. Especially since I'm like you, TT: I cry at sad things, but I also bawl at happy things that I find somehow particularly touching.

DecLady, the *only* thing that keeps me from being washed away in whitewater rapids of my own saline is my Paxil. I used to take regular Paxil; now i take Paxil CR (25mg). And I will be on it for the rest of my life, but you know what? I can live with that! Actually, scratch the "with that" - what it means is that I can live, period.

My ex, who is still in many ways my best friend, and who understands this illness about as well as any "normal" could (ha! now that we're not together anymore), still thinks it's a terrible thing that I'll have to be on these drugs for the rest of my life. I keep trying to tell him, no, it's a WONDERFUL thing - keeps me from taking the proverbial long walk off a very short pier!

Ajijaak

Old 06-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

mollymadison HB User

Oh my GOODNESS! I'm glad someone else has finally said this! Since I've been going through all this I have been an emotional wreck! I cry for no reason at all! I cry just when I talk about crying. I cry about work or that I'm not at work because I feel guilty for not being there. I cry when I'm at the Dr's. I just cry!!!!!! I'm taking the meds but I'm sure not feeling the effects of them yet! Geez,,,,this has got to go away.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Weepy Andy here...I too am a cryer. Try being pregnant..HA. It's a good thing I have a little boy around so I watch myself.

It has never mattered whether I was on anti-d's. Maybe it has something to do with the neurological part of fibro. For me I think a big part of it is a general feeling of grief over being sick all the time. As that has gotten better I don't seem to cry as much. Also I stopped trying to fight it. It seems the emotional tide is not as intense if I allow myself to let it out in doses. Trying to hold it in for days make sme have a big melt down at some point.

I explained to my doctor that I cry when I talk about what's going on because it just really sucks! I have to ration the news to myself. Like if I know someone is probably going to be executed or something I avoid the tele for awhile. I cry like they are my own family.

So none of us are alone. - Andy

Old 06-21-2004, 03:11 PM   #6

DivineRose89 HB User

ive always been a cryer. Every lil thing has alwasy upset me and Ive never been able to handle stuff.I dont think i ever will unless I continue taking zoloft for the rest of my life

Old 06-21-2004, 09:52 PM   #7

asfirefly HB User

I literally cannot stop crying since having this nightmare. I am having the hardest time with it. No one in my life is there to help me out ever, not my mom or dad, not anyone. It is a nightmare. I am going to have to begin to start to file for ssi or whatever because I cannot work and I am only 34. All I do is hysterically sob and now I just don't know what to do. I did start taking methadone last week and it is helping the pain a lot but I am totally scared of getting addicted to it just to try to cope with the pain of this disease that nobody believes in in the first place. It's just a lot to deal with.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:07 PM   #8
Veteran

dayton HB User

Oh good, somebody mentioned this. For the last year, well since all this began, I cry during the news (well it's depressing enough already). I cried during Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, when I thought Arwyn was dying. I just bawled!!!!

I cry in the shower, I cry watching old movies. Is this part of fibro? I mean I'm a (as the English say) a watering pot!!!

Old 06-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #9
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Mine is a silent tear. Maybe men are different due to the culture, but sometimes I sit in a chair and drop my head or raise it back to fend off that feeling of helplessness over what's been happening to my body or how difficult it is for the legs to move.

Usually when I'm out somewhere I harden up fast to deal with uncaring people, including in-laws (my main problems).

And who said crying is bad? Tears heard or silent.

Ed

Old 06-26-2004, 04:54 PM   #10
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Come on ED, let it all out..it will make you feel better! - Andy

Old 06-27-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Andy--

I'd like to let it all out, but I believe I cried enough tears everytime the Lyme Disease was ruining my life including my relationship. I even broke down in tears at a neighbors---the worst I've ever been.

Fibromyalgia---a tear up to the ceiling sometimes......and who knows--maybe you're right: there might be more there.

Luckily I go to a shrink who helps me 'let it out' by talking about the Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease.
I also use the message board that way---I read and read and read and know I don't have to be isolated anymore.

And---I think the anti-depressants help. I've read that chronic illness like ours can be helped (pain wise and attitude wise). I asked the doctor who treats me for fibromyalgia and he's giving me 50mg. of Elavil at bedtime.

Andy, I really don't know.

Ed

Old 07-23-2004, 01:17 PM   #12
Inactive

lammys HB User

WOWSERS! It feels so good to know I'm not the only one!!! I bawl for LOTS of reasons...sometimes because the pains gets so intense. Other times it's because I've developed a new pain point/symptom. The worst is when I begin to think about my future. I'm only 22 and I truly feel like I'm 72 and at the end of my life! I am planning my wedding, and I am having the hardest time putting my better half through this. He doesn't deserve this! If I am progressively going to get worse, I don't want to ruin his life!!! See there I go bawling all over again!!!

Thanks for your posts! It brings comfort knowing I am not alone!

Closed Thread