It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 03:18 AM   #1

Down Under HB User
Constant Sore Throat and Numbness in the Hands

Hi everyone, I have been on the list for awhile but have only posted on one thread. I have had Fm and myofascial pain now for about 15 years and as we all seem to have experienced, it does not seem to get any better with time. At the moment my pain has shifted and it seems to be in my throat and numbness in the hands. The throat problem came on about fifteen months ago which is about when the numbness in the hands started to appear also. I think what caused the onset of the throat problem was that I had about five teeth pulled in a matter of months from the back of my mouth and there was a lot of jaw trauma. Anyway the throat at the moment is driving me up the wall, constantly sore twenty four hours a day, last for months and seems to ease a bit then come back. The numbness in the hands comes at night the most with me waking up with no feeling in my hand or hands and then moving them a bit and the feeling comes back. Of a day it seems to stay sore in my thumb and forefinger of each hand. I would really appreciate you guys sharing your experiences with me if you have had these same things. I wish everyone the best and I pray one day doctors will start taking us all a bit more seriously.

Shane

Last edited by Down Under; 06-23-2004 at 03:19 AM.

Old 06-23-2004, 05:24 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Constant Sore Throat and Numbness in the Hands

I used to have this numbness and right hand particularly with dropping things, etc. several years ago. Doctor did EMG test on me and I had carpal tunnel syndrome and had carpal tunnel release which took care of this problem. However, I can still instigate these feelings if I would lay on couch with neck or certain parts of back laying down on arm of sofa. I remember arms would fall asleep while I was sleeping and one night I woke up, somehow moved my dead arm and wham hit myself in head and about knocked myself out. I can laugh about it now, but it was not funny then. Also, I had many problems with throat and felt like someone was choking me several years ago. I went to ENT and found out I had a blocked saliva gland which they removed. I will still periodically get pains running through neck at times where it feels difficult to swallow. This usually happens in evening and not while I am eating so I attribute it to muscle spasm. I also have had dental procedures for many years including implants, root canals and this may have attributed to some of problems. Also, I have allergy problems so much of time that it affects nose, eyes, throat, ears. It seems that I am blessed with symptoms somehow or other affecting every part of my body. If I think something does not hurt and touch that part of body I find out that even that hurts, but I am unaware of problem unless I touch it. I am sorry I did not answer your last posting as I try to answer everyone if I have something to contribute, but have been kind of overexerting myself lately and not operating up to par. I also have Sjogren's syndrome where everything is dried out which causes a lot of pain in eyes, mouth, throat, etc. I now am drinking something constantly and run a humidifier 24 hours a day. It is funny or pathetic that it seems we have more after thought than forethought as when I email my buddies I always seem to have to send a PS. However, a few of them are victims of fibro also so they understand and also send me P.S. now. I hope that I have at least given you some insight into what has caused these similar symptoms for me. I have only been diagnosed with fibro about five years but have had problems all my life when I look back now. In fact, right now I am sporting cold sore which I just love as there is no way to hide them unless you put a bag over your head. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 06:06 AM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Shane--

I have numbness in my pinky and the finger before it. It can happen in either hand and I blame it on my spinal problem. It really radiates out, especially on the left side when I'm having trouble with that shoulder. I don't know if you have any spinal problems, but it could be one cause.

And the dentists: I always have some kind of effect that's negative after a visit. It depends on what they do as to how I feel after. Once I was sick for a couple of months after oral surgury.

I hope you can get some relief soon. There has to be an explanation why you're having these problems.

Ed

Old 06-23-2004, 05:39 PM   #4

DTemple HB User

There is a dental connection to some of these symptoms. Please read Whole Body Dentistry by Dr. Mark Breiner. I have FM symptoms and next week after months of research, I have decided to safely remove all of my amalgam fillings (mercury toxicity). I tested positive for heavy metals toxicity. Metals and bacteria in the mouth can be the cause of the symptoms, but you need a well trained, progressive dentist to find the problems. My dentist uses EAV testing, which is not FDA approved in the US, but is used in Germany and other countries for diagnostics.

The Following User Says Thank You to DTemple For This Useful Post:
Princessmeeko (05-12-2011)
Old 06-23-2004, 05:46 PM   #5

Down Under HB User

Thanks TT and ED for your thought and suggestions. Sometimes its just nice to know someone else understands, my wife is great so that's a big bonus. I use to be heavily involved in Martial Arts ( for about twenty years ), so from being very fit to not so fit and very frustrated can be a big pain. Its funny, as one pain changes to another I think to myself a would rather have my hip hurting now than my ribs or so on, but at the moment this sore throat that has lasted for about fifteen months is a real pain. Admittedly it has had its ebbs and flows and a few times not been there at all, but it has not been gone long enough to forget. I had the same thing with my testicals a year or two back, constant pain for a year or more with only small breaks in the pain. Of course I went to all the doctors for tests just in case it was some sort of cancer or other problem down there but after awhile I think some doctors think it is a mental problem more than physical. Oh well, I guess that's life. Thanks again folks for your response I do appreciate it. Have yourselves a great day.
Shane

Old 06-23-2004, 05:56 PM   #6

autmom HB User

My son's sore throat turned out to be from acid reflux. Just a thought.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #7

Down Under HB User

Thanks autmom, I have not been on for a while so thats why I have not responded to you, sorry. Yep I was checked for that but that was ruled out. The last week has been a real hum dinger with pain in the throat and right hand side bottom part of the jaw, oh for some relife or answer.
Keep well to all.
Shane

Old 07-02-2004, 07:25 PM   #8

autmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTemple
There is a dental connection to some of these symptoms. Please read Whole Body Dentistry by Dr. Mark Breiner. I have FM symptoms and next week after months of research, I have decided to safely remove all of my amalgam fillings (mercury toxicity). I tested positive for heavy metals toxicity. Metals and bacteria in the mouth can be the cause of the symptoms, but you need a well trained, progressive dentist to find the problems. My dentist uses EAV testing, which is not FDA approved in the US, but is used in Germany and other countries for diagnostics.
After they are removed are you going to do some type of chelation?

Old 07-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #9

DTemple HB User

Autmom,

So far I have had half my mercury amalgams removed, next week is the other half. They gave me two shots and two pills for chelation after the procedure. I am also taking supplements, dentals, organ supplements and organ support liquids that are homeopathic. I am taking 14 pills per day, plus the liquids. After the final removals, I am not sure what protocol he uses. The day after my removals I felt normal again, but by the next day some of my symptoms returned. I think it was because I was heavily detoxed during the procedure. My health will most likely return slowly, as the mercury accumulates in tissues, kidneys and liver and other places. It takes time for full removal. I have read that there is a link to autism.

Old 07-03-2004, 08:23 PM   #10

autmom HB User
Chelation/was Constant Sore Throat and Numbness in the Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTemple
Autmom,

My health will most likely return slowly, as the mercury accumulates in tissues, kidneys and liver and other places. It takes time for full removal. I have read that there is a link to autism.

Yes, and I just ordered PCA-Rx (for chelation) for my son to try. I may try it myself. My son and husband (fibromyalgia) have been treated for yeast, are continuing with probiotics, and are on many supplements. My husband just started taking ALA (also used in chelation) as a daily supplement.

Good luck in improving your health!

Old 07-04-2004, 06:02 AM   #11

DTemple HB User

Thank you, I wish you luck too. We need to find some answers for autism.

Closed Thread