It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
symptoms?

does my symptoms spound like fibromyalgia? im on waiting list for neuro. It all started afet i gave birth nearly 9 months ago. Started with shooting pains, mainly in wrists and legs, also crampy aches in body. Went to doctor and they said probably extra fluid from pregnancy and will soon go. It didnt, i saw several docs and had lots of blood tests, i then had tingling on genitals,groin,legs, arms,fingers,head and one side of back. I have also started having burning sensations. Please help! Also is fibro dangerous?

Old 06-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: symptoms?

Just out of curosity what were you given for pain before delivery? Did you have any kind of block? However, I do not think you would ever have a doctor agree that your symptoms could have come from anything related to delivery. I do not know how to answer is fibro dangerous? If we become weak and fall down I guess it could be a danger to anybody we land on. Also, it could be considered dangerous when we are driving when symptoms get very severe as we would not have good reflexes, lack of concentration, driving under influence of narcotics, etc. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #3

typingterror HB User

Just out of curosity what were you given for pain before delivery? Did you have any kind of block? However, I do not think you would ever have a doctor agree that your symptoms could have come from anything related to delivery. I do not know how to answer is fibro dangerous? If we become weak and fall down I guess it could be a danger to anybody we land on. Also, it could be considered dangerous when we are driving when symptoms get very severe as we would not have good reflexes, lack of concentration, driving under influence of narcotics, etc. (TT)

Old 06-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #4

dramagurl704 HB User

Hi it does sound like FM to a degree but there are other symptoms to help you figure out. Do you have any of the following: trouble sleeping, pains that feel like lighting bolts, headaches, and a lot of us have IBS. I have also noticed that we seem to be a very clumsy group. While FM isn't directly dangerous I do agree with typing terror about falling and drowsyness. I hsvr lots of bruises and i have very slow reflexs.
Hope this helps
Meg

Old 06-23-2004, 07:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi, and welcome.Your symtoms do match mine but fm can mimic other problems or visa versa, it is better to get checked out and diagnosed to make sure.

The dangers of fm are tripping over our own feet, walking into things, and when we get into our moods look out world.

Let us know how are you doing ad find a good rhummy or someone for a corredt diagnoses.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 06-24-2004, 06:32 AM   #6
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Since our symptoms can cross over with other disorders it's important to get a doctor to diagnose you properly.

That isn't easy to do. Many of us have taken so many roads to get to the right doctor who can understand FM and take good care of us.

If I were you I'd go see a rheumatologist. Only a suggestion......

Ed

Old 06-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #7
(female)

aaronon HB User
Question Re: symptoms?

[QUOTE=typingterror]Just out of curosity what were you given for pain before delivery? Did you have any kind of block?

typingterror, I'm curious why you asked about a block?????

Thanks

Old 06-24-2004, 12:11 PM   #8

typingterror HB User

My children were adopted so I never went through childbird. I asked because I know of a girl with fibro who had very adverse reaction to epidural injections. She said she later found out it was like injecting antifreeze into one's body. She wound up with tumors from these which are now pressing on her spinal cord and spends a lot of time in wheelchair and will probably wind up paralyzed. It is so sad that a treatment could create such a tragedy for someone. (TT)

Old 06-24-2004, 01:30 PM   #9
(female)

aaronon HB User
Angry Re: symptoms?

Wow! I've never...well....I've heard of people having allergic reactions,but nothing like that. I had epidurals during all 3 of my labors. That poor girl I hate fibromyalgia and it's symphony of symptoms. My biggest problem right now is RLS. I'm itching, creepy crawly feeling during the daylight hours and it's driving me nuts. IBS is second, pain is top of the list all the time. I'm bout ready to give up.

I'm new here, and just jumped into conversations. I'll intro if needed.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:51 PM   #10
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi There,

I gave birth two years ago and even though I had been treated for fibro for years prior, they still tried to tell me it was "post-partum syndrome". Two years later Is till can't work. I had an epidural and when the needle went in I could feel this zap in my right side and hip. After my right leg was numb for months.

Anyway I can completely relate to your symptoms. But it is important to get completely checked out because you could have something else.

I hope you get to feeling better. - Andy

Old 06-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi all, thanks for replying! cant believe you all relate to yhis. I didnt have any pain relief, only local anestetic when i had my stitches. I have the kreepy crawly feeeling, could you explain how yours is please aaron? thanks, im tingling and itching babd today. I get the shooting pains and sometimes it getts worse and peaks like a contraction. love april x

Old 06-25-2004, 01:14 PM   #12
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

I found that hydroxizine or promethazine would help with that itching/tingling thing. It did go away eventually. You're not taking gaufenesin are you? I developed an allergy to that and it started making me itch. But I too have the tingling and burning.

Hope you feel better soon - Andy

Old 06-26-2004, 11:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi andy, do you know what causes yours? i take meds fot asthma,hayfever and anti depressants which can cause tingling but i already had it when took. Hope you feel better soon too, love april x

Old 06-27-2004, 07:17 AM   #14

typingterror HB User

April, I call this the itchy bitchy syndrome. I told doctor I felt like I had bugs crawling all over me. I know that itchiness is from severe dry skin. I could walk around scratching my head like a monkey all the time and have welts all over my body from scratching, but I try to disregard which is not easy to do as I figure I already have enough symptoms without having to go to a dermatologist too. With inability to scratch back I have to back up to the wall like a pot bellied pig I use to have to scratch back. I have days where I have very hypersensitive feet and cannot even wear shoes especially on right foot. Sometimes feet swell so I have to wear 1/2 size larger. My right foot mainly last three toes can either be extremely painful or develop a numbness, very hot. Of course, I have such ugly deformed feet from bunions that I have no idea whether this could be a factor. Who knows about anything any more? I mentioned this to doctor as I always attributed this to using right foot on pedal when doing dictation. So far I have not gotten any help with these problems. However, I just started with rheumalogist and we are just trying one drug at a time because I am have such bad side effects from everything I take. Maybe we should just go to a hardware store and buy a large hammer to hit ourselves on head and huge bump that would form would distract us from all these other agitating symptoms. (TT)

Old 06-27-2004, 08:53 AM   #15
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

If it is extremely dry skin you might get the doctor to try you on Lac-Hydrin 12%. I have to use that, along with prescribed face creams and shampoos because the FM is causing my skin problems.

Immune disorders supposedly cause this.

Ed

Closed Thread