It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 05:29 PM   #1

dramagurl704 HB User
Another ques.-memory problems

Hi all I know i ask a lot of questions I am just still trying to figure all of this out. Does anyone else seem to have short term memory problems? I can't seem to remember something I am told 5 minutes earlier and it is really frustering the parents but doesnt everything about my "never ending problems" well just wondering. Thanks
Meg

Old 06-24-2004, 06:18 AM   #2

typingterror HB User
Re: Another ques.-memory problems

I have had a few bad days where concentration is very poor, but this is usually due to extreme pain so have inability to fully concentrate on anything else. These are days that I do things that are so totally illogical unknowingly, i.e., spending most of day looking for remote control, try to give correct change in grocery store and it makes absolutely no sense, etc. These days I feel like I am totally retarded and there is no way I could balance checking account, etc. (TT)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 06:28 AM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Meg--

I've heard that we have some of those memory problems. It hasn't hit me yet except for using the wrong word in the wrong context. It's probably when I don't feel like talking at all. The other day I wanted to say to someone:
How's your headache
and
I ended up saying
How's your champagne?

Nice, huh. Maybe that is short time memory loss....

Ed

Old 06-24-2004, 06:38 AM   #4

typingterror HB User

This reminds me of time that therapist asked me what my last landlord's name was. I knew first name was Lennie, but for life of me I wanted to say last name Skynard. I knew this was totally inappropriate answer so disregarded question. The next day I told her correct answer and stated problem I had previous day so never answered. Told her to next time give me two days to answer any future questions to which she laughed about. (TT)

Old 06-24-2004, 06:49 AM   #5
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

TT--

Some of our word 'mix-ups' are pretty funny. Yours was terrific.......LOL.....

Ed

Old 06-24-2004, 07:22 AM   #6
Inactive

AliceBlueBelle HB UserAliceBlueBelle HB UserAliceBlueBelle HB UserAliceBlueBelle HB User

I find that the more I push and get more and more tired, my mind/memory problems get worse. Sometimes when I feel better i tend to talk faster which also seems to cause me to use the wrong words.

Alice

Old 06-24-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
(female)

mollymadison HB User

My memory is terrible! I often get words mixed up or don't know how to spit them out! It's like I just stumble on my words.

Old 06-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #8
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Lynrd Skynrd! I love it. I too have those I'm suddenly stupid moments. It's so hard to describe. For a long time my doctor kept trying to convince me it was the pain meds and stuff. But I haven't had any for six months and I'm still out there sometimes.

When we were at dinner last Sunday I kept having the hardest time answering the simplest questions. Finally after the third incident during which for some reason I grabbed my silverware in a fist when the waitress took my dinner plate. I don't know what I was planning on doing with it. She sweetly looked at me and said "can I take that?" to which I stared blankly for awhile then said out loud "Ok, this is a simple question, uh, yes" and handed her my dirty silverware. My husband said "honey, are you Ok?"

So, uh, what was the question? Oh yeah, memory problems. Annoying isn't it. I find Gingko Biloba helps but I can't take it right now.

Oh well just lost my train of thought...Andy

Old 06-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #9
(female)

mollymadison HB User

Kathy-
I was told that vitamin B-12 will help with energy. Just make sure it will not interfere with any other meds, like anti-depressants.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:54 PM   #10

typingterror HB User

One time I spent hours looking for remote control and found it in closet on a shelf. Surely there was no logical reasoning for this. Maybe I thought I needed to change clothes before changing channel. The worst time was when I went to a Stop and Go shop to get flavored coffee and it was dusk. I ran out to car and jumped in a red car and thought why is my car so dirty. There was a note on visor I was reading. You guessed it...not even my car. The owner was standing and looking at me through window totally confused. Talk about embarrassment. Now I say to myself 'you are having a bad day...do not leave house or you will make a fool out of yourself in public. (TT)

Old 06-26-2004, 05:21 PM   #11
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

LMAO- you crack me up TT

Old 06-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #12
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

Jumping into the wrong car---oh, well: there are those days, you know?

For me--it's walking out of stores with merchandise I didn't buy.
The alarm either goes off and I apologize for forgetting (!) or I end up in the parking lot, realizing I have to turn around, go back in and pay. I try to make a joke of it at that point and the employees usually laugh----as I'm paying.

Ed

Closed Thread