It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
Veteran

dayton HB User
Fibro and RSD

Hi, everyone, it's been a long time. The last couple of months I have been getting progressively worse. I am now on a month's leave from work. The stress at work has been unbelievable and finally the doctor said I was close to a breakdown and ordered me to stay home for a month. So far symptoms are as follows and are getting progressively worse:
burning, stabbing, pain in arms, shoulders, collar bone, legs wrists, lower back and feet
nausea
can't sleep for crap -- maybe a couple of hours a nite, sometimes not even that
diahhrea or constipation
loosing weight, not hungry, of even if I do go -- greasy floating stools
sensitivity to loud sounds
can't remember squat
severe depression because of the chronic pain
cry all the time
feet and hands turn all kinds of colors and get ice cold and then warm

I mean the list goes on and on.

I've had tons of meds and nothing seems to help. Can someone recommend a doctor in Fort Worth. I've been diagnosed with rsd and my primary says no you don't have it, pain mgmt doc says yes you do. Primary says fibro not rsd.

Please help. I understand the pain is very similar. Sorry, severe depression. I just don't want to live the rest of my life this way.

I have 6 months to retirement and frankly I don't know if I can make it.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Re: Fibro and RSD

Dayton-
I live in Euless! There is a group of Dr's out of St. Paul in Dallas that are supposed to be very good with fibro patients. It started with a Dr named Stanley Cohen. In the 70's he dx'd my grandma with fibro before anyone believed in it! There is a very long wait to see him but, he works with 9 other Dr's and they all are good with fibro patients. They have satellite offices around all over. I go to the one in Grapevine. It is the closest one to me. I know how important that is when you feel awful. I see Dr. Geppert. I have only seen him twice. He took a good physical and history and listened. However, I didn't get all my questions answered the first time. I was REALLY nervous because I was afraid that he would poke and prod on me and he didn't. He touched very gently but didn't push it. He could tell by my history of symptoms that it was fibro and he didn't push it. He did alot of lab work just to make sure he wasn't missing anything. The practice in St' Paul is very big and seems to be efficient. I only had one problem once getting a message returned. I think my Dr' was out and since I was new they didn't know how to advise me. My advise is try these Dr's out. I recommend them and so does my Grandma. She is seeing someone different now and she really likes him.

My next question to Dr. Geppert is about a support group for patients like us.

Keep posting. I will try to give you answers to anything you would like to know about these Dr's. I hope they work for you. In fact, I have an appt with the Dr I will ask if there is one in Ft. Worth. I hope you mean Texas. If not I feel really stupid right about now!

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad right now. Actually my psychiatrist has me off for 6 weeks to recover from severe depression. I am bi-polar also but the severe depression as set in since I started feeling bad in April. I haven't been dx'd long. I am recovering fairly well since I am able to concentrate more on myself and not school or work. Work is extremely stressful for me right now and produces a lot of anxiety for me. I have had alot of the FMS symptoms for some time but, didn't know it. My grandma always told me that I had fibro. I just thought she was crazy. NOW, I believe her. Try to focus on getting better, what ever that takes. My husband who is very supportive told me one day when I was crying (sobbing) that I should use this as a turning point in my life. Meaning do whatever it takes to feel better and get happy. Even if it means quitting my job and going on to my dream job of being a nurse.

Sorry the post is so long. Please update me!

Molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2004, 09:28 AM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Fibro and RSD

Hi--

Just don't give up whatever you do. I've had to steam roll over a few doctors to get proper treatment and meds. It's a battle to get good healthcare and like any of us have the energy for that, but it's worth it.

Know that there is good health care out there to ease the suffering.
Calling to a prestigious hospital in your area may help get you a good one in the department you want. That's how I found my rheumatologist, who takes care of my FM.

Hopefully someone in your area will respond.

You sound like you are in real misery now. I hope things get better every day for you.

Ed

Closed Thread