It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
My Turn To Whine

Hi Everybody,

First off thanks as usual for all your support and information. I have spent the last three days literally sitting on ice so I'm really cranky. I had to go for an OB visit yesterday and then I had to go do a one hour glucose test this morning. Man that orange soda is sicky sweet.

My groin problem is partly from fibro and partly from 30 weeks of pregnancy. Feels like I've ridden a bike too long only from the inside. The rest of me wants to be doing things but the only comfortable positions are walking (standing still doesn't work) and lying down on my sides. I can sit for about twenty minutes while I'm on ice.

My two year old has been a super duper monster. It's hard when he gets very physical during a tantrum. I know it's totally normal behavior but he's too big to pick up anymore and when he drops on the ground and refuses to walk I'm at his mercy. Even if I wasn't pregnant I couldn't pick him up but especially right now I can't even drag him safely. He's such a good boy most of the time that I think I take his tantrums harder than I would if he behaved badly more often. Sounds silly huh.

Then I had trouble and couldn't post for a few days. I had a total meltdown Monday because I woke up heaving, coughing and sore and realized I wasn't going to be able to leave the house alone. We were out of Pepsi which for whatever reason is the only tihng that makes me feel better sometimes. I don't let myself have it very often but my husband is a soda junkie and he took the last one. So that made me cry like a wittle baby.

I just hate being dependant on others for things and I'm reaching that final stage of pregnancy where I can't do a lot for myself. Anyway I know i'm lucky to be pregnant, I'm lucky to have a wonderful husband (even if he took the last Pepsi from a pregnant woman) and I'm lucky to not be worse off with the fibro.

But sometimes you just gotta say waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Oh yeah and to top it off, my monster's (I mean son's) 2nd birthday is Saturday. Since I'm not in great shape we decided to just invite a few people to meet us in the park with the cake and have a small, quick party. Invitations are out, it's all set and my Mom calls me this morning to let me know that the annual Gay Pride Picnic is being held at the park I chose. All I could do was laugh and think at least we found out beforehand. I am completely open minded and would proably know half the people there but not everybody is and I don't think the other parents would've been very happy with me. My husband would've just died. Plus it would've been really crowded.

If only we had the money for Chuck E. Cheeses....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2004, 04:35 PM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: My Turn To Whine

Andy--

Everyone gets a turn to whine. Congratulations on the new baby coming.
Is this the first time you mentioned it---I still new to the messsage board?

Anyway--you don't sound all that bad from your post. You sound like you're taking everything with a sense of humor and I know that always gets me through things.

So he took your Pepsi, huh. You're right---what a thing to do to a pregnant woman with Fibromyalgia.

Speaking of Fibromyalgia---exactly how does the pregnancy affect it and vice-versa. I've never read a post that ever says anything about it.
Is the fibro worse, or you don't feel it because the pregancy goes to the top of the list, and what can you expect when you have the baby. Wouldn't it effect the Fibromyalgia.

Just a few random thoughts. If they are too personal for you---just disregard them--I understand.

i am curious, though.

I hope your days get easier and easier and better and better......

Ed

Old 06-30-2004, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

tam821 HB User

its ok sweetie, you can whine here anytime. Its good to talk about it and let it out, we listen

congrads on new baby. that is wonderful

tammy

Old 07-01-2004, 02:47 AM   #4
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Everybody,

Insomnia tonight..argh. Thanks for all the kind words. Let's see, don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. Couldn't tell at the ultrasound.

Daized - Thanks for reminding me about the donut. I will get one. I worked the last time up to about seven months in a desk job so I can imagine how tough it was for you.

Ed - I have mentioned here and there about the pregnancy but I don't talk about it much because I figure not to many people here can relate. And it was a few weeks ago that I posted my story. No question is ever too personal for me. Pregnancy strangely enough can be a lot like fibro. Everything aches, you get really tired, you have digestive problems, headaches and get stressed easily. The hardest part this time has been not having medication. I'm looking forward to getting back my codeine and flexaril. With the first one I had never been on pain meds for fibro so that wasn't a factor. It was my job stress that wound up making me go on leave early last time too, not fibro. They wanted me to work 50 hours a week and I couldn't so I was sort of forced to go early. My lupus is a bigger threat to the baby, fibro is none, but lupus is in remission so I'm safe.

I'm not sure about delivery and fibro. I seem to be hearing more about a correlation but I think it may have more to do with the epidural, which has become more common these days, than the birth. Daized had a c-section and I had vaginal delivery but we both got sick after. I also had other physical traumas that added to my problem.

The hardest part post delivery was dealing with fibro arms and shoulders while hefting a 10 pound baby all day long. I wasn't prepared for that. Plus nobody told me I could breast feed lying down initially. That would've helped quite a bit. The lack of sleep caring for a newborn is tough on the fibro too. But the second time around I know better what I'm in for and can prepare. I've been working on my upper arm strength for a year now in preparation.

So far motherhood is the only job I've found that I can adapt to with fibro.

Well I'm long winded when I can't sleep aren't I! I'm gonna go lie down and try again.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:07 AM   #5
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Wow! I don't know how you can do it. Women really have a burden to carry, yet a joy to share with the world.

Thanks for helping me to understand how Fibro and pregnancy can relate with each other. It must be hard distinguishing which is which.

I'm suprised you aren't on pain meds, but I'm assuming that's because of the baby. Hopefully you can get some relief sooner or later.

They used to say 'women have pregnancy, men have war'. But--it seems like women have both now.

Again--best of luck, but we'll be talking and in touch for quite some time.

ed

Closed Thread