It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #1

chrislint3521 HB User
Leg cramps and Fibro?

I had terrible legs cramps as a kid. I ended up in my parents bed for my dad to rub them everynight. I'm 23 now and I have them again and they are horrible. I also have all kinds of aches and pains that many of you have. I haven't been diagnosed with Fibro, but I'm losing hope on my doctor and thinking about visiting a Rheumy. I've read that if you had leg cramps as a kid this could be a sign that you may have Fibro in the future. Anyone else heard this?

Old 07-01-2004, 11:11 PM   #2

snslilly HB User
Re: Leg cramps and Fibro?

I also had terrible leg cramps as a child well a teenager but always thought it was because in the swimmer I was lifeguard and always swimming and in the winter, I played sports. After I started college and wasn't doing those activities, the cramps went away somewhat. I am 30 now and was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago. The majority of my pain is in my legs. I can sit down of a night and watch the muscles of my legs twitch uncontrollably. By the time I go to bed, the muscle cramps are so severe that I cry out in pain. If I do too much one day, the next day I can't even walk and sometimes can't even get out of bed. And I might as well forget walking through the mall or the grocery store. Ten minutes in one of those places and I have to find the closest exit and have my husband bring the car to get me. My legs have recently started to swell if I spend much time on them and when they do, the go numb. I'm not sure what is up with that but all I know is that when that happens, I can't even stand up because I fall flat on my face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread