It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2004, 07:00 AM   #1

chrislint3521 HB User
First signs of Fibro?

Can someone tell me what their first symptoms were. I've read a lot that say it tends to start in your forearms, is this true?

Old 07-02-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: First signs of Fibro?

I have never heard that before. I was a nusing assitant in a rehab and was put in a head lock by a patient, my pain was in my shoulder and my neck, then continued in the the shoulder blades. In fact my forearm does get pain but is by far the worse pain site. I think it can start any where. A lot of people get Fm from accidents, in that case I think it starts in your point of injury.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
(female)

la_brat HB User

For our two daughters, it was a geometric yearly increase of the times they would have the flu. We started noticing the more than usual bouts of flu that other kids had at about age 8.

Old 07-03-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
(female)

twiggy7977 HB User

Hi,
My first signs were extreme fatigue....my elbows ached constantly as well as my knees and neck.
I felt like i had a flu ( but worse) for months....my doc and i did every blood test imginable and nothing showed.
I had a virus that had caused my liver to inflame...that is what is belived to have started this....my liver is now fine but the rest of my body hurts...not a great trade off!!

Dana

Old 07-03-2004, 12:10 PM   #5
(female)

mollymadison HB User

I felt like I had the flu several times. I just marked it up as being tired. I also have carpal tunnel as well as pronator syndrome and cubital tunnel. This all started in 2000. I have pelvic pain that started in my early 20's along with endometriosis. But, the first symptoms with this bout was in my feet. They felt like the bones were on fire and hurt tremendously. This same pain moved to my hands so bad that I could not move them. Then the pain moved to my legs and spine. Not muscles but it felt like my bones were on fire. Then my muscles felt bruised all over and the fatigue set in. It felt like I had ran 100 miles, sprinting. I had shin splints even. My whole body began to be in so much pain that I couldn't move. I went to the ER and luckily they gave me morphine for the pain. The first dx was liver imflammation. I went back to the ER 2 days later and without any test the Dr said it was fibro. At the ER visit my legs were hurting tremendously and I had a migraine (oh and by the way migraines since I was a teenager). The Dr pushed on several points and they all felt like deep bruising. I screamed out crying each time he touched me. All these symptoms worsened within about 1 1/2 month. So it was pretty sudden. But, when I think of all of the other symptoms I just wonder if they were all related and working up to this. I is/was under alot of stress as well. My paternal grandma has this also. Her fibro is pretty bad right now. She has been dx'd since the 70's. Her bones hurt for 2 years and she thought she had bone cancer since her cousin died of it. Luckily she went to a rhuemy that believed in fibro and treated her. We are both going to dr''s in that practice. They have 9 Dr's and they all are experts in fibro as well as all the other stuff.

Anyway, later I went to a Rhuemy and he dx with fibro as well. I am feeling better now.

Closed Thread