It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Monday's Meltdown

Howdy All,

So much posting to do, so little energy. I responded to a bunch. I just wanted to ask, anyone else exhausted from trying to please your family over the weekend. I've come to expect to feel like poop on Mondays unless I stay on the couch all weekend and rest. That's not to say I set myself up to feel bad, it's just impossible to rest when my routine is disrupted, and I'm trying to enjoy life a little bit. A little fun seems to go a long way.

I am so swollen and sore and tired. Monday is laundry day for me because my two year old can help me with it. I am not a slave laborer, he begs me to help me with everything. I figure I might as well take advantage of it while he's too young to hate chores.

He puts the dirty clothes in the washer one at a time, then puts them in the dryer, then takes them out and I fold them. All I have to do is wrestle with the softener bottle and try not to pull out my shoulders folding. And he is so proud of himself.

I have to go lie down now...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2004, 01:27 PM   #2

kathy372001 HB User
Re: Monday's Meltdown

Hey Andy,
Yes it is hard to try to please the family when you are in pain, I found out that with a family and so many chores to do it is easy for me to do 1 load a wash a day I use a gripper so I dont have to bend and then my daughter and hubby have to take them out and I just sit and fold them my biggest thing is I have a dishes and vac now the dr said no vac I dont know maybe its just me but they dont do it like I would do the vac my daughter is 12 and son is 20 so he helps when he comes home to visit and hubby tries but its not the same dishes I can only stand 10-12 min before the pain shuts me down. Even tried a stool at the sink but it just dont work to much streching and and reaching. cooking is another big challenge I used to make 3 big meals a day now they are lucky that I make just one they have learned to cope. Have you notice a change in your eatting pattern I noticed that Im lucky if I can eat 1 meal a day just not hungry is that normal.

Hope you feel better and keep me posted Andy
Kathy
arthritis
IBS
wheelchair 2003

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Monday's Meltdown

Hi--

I did the same thing this weekend and am paying for it in the same way you are now. I'm trying to post a couple at a time since I can't even sit at the computer without being uncomfortable. Yes--I went and pleased the family and yipeeee!---what a wonderful time they had. Not so with me.

Tomorrow I should get some much needed time alone to get back into my own routine. I'm even gonna rest more than usual. I ache from head to toe and keep telling myself not to do the same thing again. Yes, it's summer, but I'm not going to go and please others anymore when it 's harmful to me.

For you: feel better and I'll check in with you tomorrow.

Ed

Closed Thread