It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 06:25 AM   #1
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Fatigue After Flare-Up

Does anyone else have extreme fatigue after coming off of a flare up?
I've noticed this seems to be a pattern with me. It's almost as if the body is exhausted for what it's gone through.

For example--I've been having a bad flare-up for a week and I'm just coming out of it and although I don't have the flare, I am very, very tired.
It's as if the body exhausted itself.

Would you say this is normal?

Ed

Old 07-06-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
(female)

Izzybella HB User
Re: Fatigue After Flare-Up

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 08:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 07:00 AM   #3

foxwalker HB User

Hi Ed

I had hoped your long weekend was a good one but it sounds like you have been in alot of pain. That extreme tireness in really normal when your body has hit a pain limit and it stays that way. Sometimes i am left tired out for days and I just can't seem to do much of anything.
I hope your feeling better soon !!
Love franny

Old 07-06-2004, 07:06 AM   #4
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Izzy---I feel I'm more vulnerable after a flareup and that's my emotional response. i do get rather sensitive, if you know what I mean. So, I'd have to say that we have this in common.

Franny--That's the way I feel today---like I can't get anything done and I very well might let everything slide until tomorrow.

Ed

Old 07-06-2004, 07:55 AM   #5

kathy372001 HB User

Hello guys,
Just a question you say you get emotional after the flare up do you guys get more emotional during it? Because this flare up of mine is still going on and Ive been so emotional I thought it was because of the med but know Im wondering if its not part of the flare up since its been so bad.
And do you guys know if and why weather plays such a big part of the pain we have?
Thanks
Kathy
arthritis
IBS
wheelchair 2003

Old 07-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #6
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Kathy--

During a flare-up I'm not usually very emotional about anything: I just won't deal with anyone for anything, so there's no room for clashing about something with someone.

And for me--I'm really fatigued after a flareup. For example today---I just can't get anything done. I'm that wiped out.

As for the weather--the snow bothers me. Not so much rain, though.

I hope you feel better soon.

Ed

Old 07-06-2004, 09:51 PM   #7
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Friends,

Well it was a full moon on Friday which I've noticed always seems to happen when we're all flaring badly. Wet weather affects the inflammation in your body because of the humidity and barometric pressure. I think part of the emotional reaction to the flare is a feeling of helplessness and possibly some sort of neurological connection. I really believe there has to be some kind of neurology involved in this disease because of the wierd burning, numbness, shooting pains, pins and needles, etc. that we get.

I woke up my hubby at 2:00 am last night because I was in such bad pain and couldn't sleep. I can't take anything because of the baby and that made me start cyring harder. I feel bad because I'm thinking more about how much I can't wait to take pain pills again instead of having a new baby to love. I want this baby very much or I wouldn't have done this but it's so hard to go without drugs. I've done it every last minute of this baby's life so far though.

I had the really bad burning and needles jabbing in my feet and hands. Muscle spasms and cramps. Very hard to take with no meds.

I am always tired for serveral days after a real bad flare. And I am always bummed out but I find that has a lot to do with having to rest by force. It's just another choice being taken away. My mind wants to be doing things but my body can't and it sucks.

It's also harder I find when in extreme pain to deal with life. Lately my husband and I can't catch a break. I found out in the last few days that he might lose his job and insurance before the baby comes, my two door car which won't hold two kids and we need to sell needs a $1200 repair and I'm dealing with all the paperwork for my SSD hearing on 8/4. I just want to sit and cry.

Has anyone ever noticed that you feel a little better after a good cry when you're in bad shape. I think the release relaxes my body a little.

Maybe a bad fibro flare is like a long controlled seizure and afterwards you're body is spent. I don't know. I wish I'd been to medical school.

Hang in there gang. I know I am so lucky to have a family because there are some of us who are totally alone. But with all the bombs that keep dropping in our life we're struggling just like everybody else. And I feel like it's my fault because I can't work.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I do get to take the occasional sleeping pill with the baby so tonight is the night. I need some sleep to function.

Thanks for listening as always.

Old 07-07-2004, 05:20 AM   #8
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Taurus--

When it rains, it pours. Isn't that always the way? We have so much to deal with like the 'normals' and then the Fibromyalgia on top of that.

Taurus--thanks for responding to the post. You must really be going through a rough time. For a while I had no pain meds and I didn't know what to do with myself. I couldn't sleep right, sit right, concentrate right----nothing.

And being pregnant--I can only imagine what you're going through.

Let's both hang in there and hope for the best. It is yet to come.

Ed

Old 07-07-2004, 06:56 AM   #9
(female)

singerja1999 HB User

I am finding that I get fatigued for "no reason". I will be doing something and it is not really strenous and then out of the blue I am exhausted. I am totally exhausted coming during a flare but I am not wise enough to know when a flare is over. I just figure it is over when I am not exhausted all the time.

Old 07-07-2004, 07:30 AM   #10
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Singerja--

It seems that it is exhausting after a flare, but you're right---it's exhausting to be in one. Those times in between are relief, though. Mine are few and far between like so many of us.

Ed

Closed Thread