It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

singerja1999 HB User
Wish Me Luck

Hello All, Well, today I go to my 4th rheumatologist. Please wish me luck. I am really nervous. All I want is for him to say that I need to be followed and that he will take me on. I haven't had much success so far. My primary care physician actually recommended him to me. She said that she had a patient just like me who had been to many doctors and that this doctor was the only one who agreed to see her. I have many many issues beginning with not knowing where I am and how to get out of a department store to not knowing where I am going in a car to achy joints and flu like symptoms and pain in legs, back, shoulders etc. My primary doctor put me on celebrex for pain and that has helped a lot. Right now however, I am having a great deal of problem with fatigue that just seem to hit me out of nowhere and restless legs as well as major sleep problems. Some doctors, who are not rheumys think it is lupus while others say "You have a little of this and a little of that" It is SO frustrating. Thank you all for listening to me rattle on. God bless you all, Jackie

Old 07-07-2004, 07:01 AM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Wish Me Luck

Good luck, Jackie.

I went through the same thing and now go out of state for my rheumatologist. It's good to know that he's taken on patients like you before, so odds are he's more educated and has more compassion than most.

Things will probably go very well for you.

Good luck,
Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
(female)

oholland HB User

I, too, am wishing you the best of luck. It is terrible when we have to endure so much pain and have so little sympathy or help from the medical community. I searched co-cures good doctor list and have found a general practicioner who specializes in FM in my city. He's my next visit. I hope your Rheumy turns out to be everything you hope and need.

Olivia

Old 07-12-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Jackie,

I know you already had your appt. but hopefully it was positive and you are feeling encouraged. Hope it worked out well.

-Andy

Closed Thread