It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #1
Inactive

Copper HB User
Cool A pattern here?

Hi All,

Just curious about something. Does anyone else notice that, after several days of stress - emotional & intellectual - they are in more pain than on days following no or non-severe stress?

Old 07-07-2004, 12:28 PM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: A pattern here?

I've always believed that:

anxiety=pain

pain=anxiety

So, I would say there is a pattern there.

Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #3
(female)

mollymadison HB User

I have definitely noticed that pain=anxiety. I am off work on ST disability so I will have to test out the other theory of stress=pain. But, I have a scary feeling that this will be true. Hence, the anxiety about returning to work. It's overwhelming anxiety! I'm so scared that I will go into a flare and then back into severe depression.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:52 AM   #4
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Yes. Simple answer eh? It's not that cut and dried for me though. It's like the which came first, chicken or egg question.

Like I was already in pain and undergoing physical stress trying to do b-day for my son. But I was emotionally happy and stable. Then exhausted but happy after the party I find out that hubby might lose job...soon. So now I have an adrenaline/anxiety reaction. This of course makes body hurt worse. So then I'm in more pain. Then find out pice of crap car that I must sell becuase I can't fit two kids in it, needs $1200 transmission repair. Might as well be $12,000.

Now I cry like a baby like my dog died because I'm so down with pain/stress I can't cope with anything.

That's why most of the time I'm a pretty cool cucumber when it comes to bad things. I try to use my self hypnosis and relaxation training to prevent myself from getting the fight or flight response to crappy things. Most of the time it works. But when I'm already maxed out it's impossible.

All I've figured out for sure is that too much of anything, is never a good thing and most always knocks me out for days. Hard to manage life that way. Like if I'd been able to rest all weekend after the party without anything else to rain on my parade, I wouldn't have gotten so bad off. But there is no way to predict when life is going to drop a bomb on you.

Arrgh!

Old 07-08-2004, 05:29 PM   #5
Inactive

Copper HB User
Lightbulb Re: A pattern here?

{{{{Andy}}}}

BIG, but gentle hugs to you! You sound pretty miserable! - a place most of us have been before, and probably will be again. Juat remember to drink lots and lots of water to help flush all those nasty little pain toxins out! hope you get to feeling better soon.

I think I know about this stress/pain pattern once upon a time. But, this fibro-fog kicks up and I tend to forget I knew what I know

Closed Thread