It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Ugghhhh!

Very bad day, typing one-handed, really miserable, gotta lay down, wish I had wifi laptop so I could at least not feel so alone and mentally bored.

Just had to do something to make me feel human...back to bed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Ugghhhh!

Taurus--

Sorry you're having one of those miserable days. I'm glad you checked in and let us know what's going on. I would do the same thing. No matter how bad I felt, I'd post at least one thing to say I feel horrible. Good for you.

I hope you get over this miserable feeling and are back on your feet again.
Stay in bed and rest until it passes, don't do too much, shut the world out, and don't forget to eat something.

Feel better soon!!!
Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 11:47 AM   #3

kathy372001 HB User

Andy,
sorry your feeling so bad finally starting to get over my flare up and I use a lap top to write on the computer its so much easier, can sit in the reycliner and type. Anyway I hope you feel better my flare up seemed to last a long time.
I hope your day gets better
Kathy
arthritis
IBS
wheelchair 2003

Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 PM   #4
(female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #5
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Thanks for your kindness. I am feeling better and I hope you all are too. Much better day. Yesterday I woke up and it felt like I had a stroke. Dragging my limp leg behind me and doing everything with one arm. My whole right side just freaks out. My face even felt tingly and numb. It would be nice if it was just numb but as you all know you get shooting pains, burning, aching and all the rest with the numbness. Whoever thought paralysis would sound good sometimes.

Anyway I can move all of me today. YAY. Still taking it easy though. My hands already cramping up so I won't type much. Luckily my buddy came and took Andrew for a few hours yesterday so I could rest without getting up every 15 minutes. HArd to recup with a 2 yr old.

Thanks again and I hope we all manage to have fun without overdiong it this weekend.

- Andy

Old 07-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #6
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi taurus--

I'm glad you're up and around today. The rest probably did you a world of good and isn't it nice just to cave in and wait the crisis out?
I love to rest when I flare. It's the only thing that gives me some relief.

Nice to hear you're on the mend.

Ed

Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi all, im not diagnozed but sound like i have this. I have the shoting pains, first one i had. In my hands,arms and legs. My fingers feel stiff. I hope its just this ive got as everything else seems scary. Like that als, did you all feel frightened at first?

Old 07-13-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

For me it wasn't a case of being frightened but more annoyed. I was diagnosed 14 years ago and they still just thought it was basically fatigue and depression that caused all the pain and that you just needed an upper and some exercise. They knew about the points and that was about it. So I was like "ok, I feel this bad nad he's telling me it's in my head."

I'm more scared now that I am older and have gotten worse and listen to others stories. I really didn't know until the last year that fibro could get so bad. I've been lucky in the past. But it feels better to know more and not feel crazy all the time.

Just imagine having to think that the swelling and shooting pains in your body aren't "real".

- Andy

Old 07-13-2004, 06:41 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

oh i know all about that, they kept thobbing me off with you have just had baby ect, and it anxiety etc. Typical. I feel my tingling is there permamently and shooting pains goes through cycles, like there for few days then gone, horrible isnt it. Its been over 9 months. Mine started hours after giving birth. Ps well done with starting new thread, love april x

Old 07-15-2004, 07:08 AM   #10
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

And---

I've had to change my life drastically to accomodate the Fibromyalgia. Before I used to try to do all the same things and let the disease revolve around it. Now I revolve everything thing I do around the Fibro. And--I can't even do the things I did before.

I guess we all find a way. Glad you got some rest, Andy.

Ed

Old 07-15-2004, 05:58 PM   #11
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi gang, having one-armed day again. Really one big ouch. Wish this flare would just go away. Hope everyone is alright. I will catch up with y'all later.

I'm so sick of lying down.

-Andy

Closed Thread