It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

DecLady HB User
This flare was bad-then I got the flu...

OMG, I don't know that I have ever felt this awful in my life! Well, maybe that is an exaggeration..but boy do I feel awful! I am not sure if I hurt from fibro..or hurt from flu symptoms! The first 2 days I had a fever..which was a bit of a good thing since I fell asleep alot! But this morning on day 3..I was up at 4am..I hurt too much to stay in bed..and now at almost 8am..I am not tired enough to go back to sleep and I STILL HURT! Haven't taken anything at all cuz I am not sure what I am supposed to treat! To top it off, I live in Wisconsin..and it has been too cold to swim ( we have a pool) and tomorrow is supposed to finally get hot! Then on Wednesday , Dh is taking off work and we are supposed to be travelling in celebration of 25 years of marriage...I haven't a clue if I will be able to do much of anything...I am sooo sick and tired of feeling awful...However my humor remains- when dh asked how I was feeling, I replied " You haven't experienced the flu until you have had it in a fibro flare!" LOL Crazy humor, but humor nonetheless! I guess I am just typing here because I had to go somewhere with all that I am feeling...no one quite gets how overwhelmed I feel at this point...I just am dreading the whole day...

Old 07-11-2004, 07:47 AM   #2

kovena HB User
Thumbs up Re: This flare was bad-then I got the flu...

I understand exactly how that feels. I had both for 3 months...I was feeling like my arms and legs were being pulled off Really!! I cannot express the depth of pain only to say it was well over 10. The fevers were Horrible with hallutionations(sp) and I could not even get up to go to the bathroom. Ross had to carry me in and even wipe me as I could not move my arms or stand up. OMYGOD! it was so bad. I am just now coming out of it. 5 days ago my fever went up to 103 and broke. WHEW! I was in a pool of sweat. I can use my arms limited but can use them again and can stand up. Also the MD changed my Meds and put me on MSContin 60 mg every 6 hrs around the clock and MSIR 10mg as needed. I have NEVER felt such relief from pain before. I am at a 3!!!!! for the past nearly 2 years on Fentanyl I was still an 8-9 and I was in agongy all the time. I stopped driving or going out and mostly layed in bed. I was going through continous withdrawl from the patches because they were always falling off and I was sweating so bad from them. Almost 2 years in withdrawl and the MD was not believing me. I finally convinced him and he switched me. I tell you I am thinking Miracles here! I forgot what it felt like to not be in constant 8-9 pain. I was getting suicidal ideation from the pain. And all it took was the right drug. I got hyper from them for the first 4 days, and sleep has been hard, but NO PAIN! I did not get any euphoria (Except what happens when pain stops, which is more JOY than euphoria related LOL!) nor does it make me tired. Last night I slept for 4 hours. The most since I started them on the 8th. I also started to get the beginning of a cluster that always leads to migraine, and tried out the sticking my head in freezer and breathing cold air for 5 minutes and then using Ice packs, It WORKED!!!! I can't believe it! It is the Very First Time I have Ever been able to stop a migraine from coming on! Thank You So much for the Freezer and Ice advice...it saved me. Oh, I also used one of the 10mg BT MSIR and took 11 baby asprin, had cup of coffee and prayed! LOL! You People are my Saving Grace. I thank God for all of you and I am so glad to have found this site!
Well...I am going to try and lay down for a while after I take my AM dose of Ms Contin. God Bless All of You...Love and Light to You All! ...Kovena

Last edited by kovena; 07-11-2004 at 07:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 05:15 AM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: This flare was bad-then I got the flu...

Hi

It's miserable to be 'sick on top of sick'. A double whammy.

When I get like that I also dread an activity that is planned and wonder if I'll get through it without further aggravating the condition.

Usually, I cancel. I just can't put my body through things it isn't up to doing. It seems selfish, but...if it needs to be done to rest---I do it.

I hope you have a good anniversary and all works out OK. Let us know.

Ed

Old 07-12-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

My Gosh I hope you're both feeling better. I don't think I had that flu but I got a sit and barf toilet flu back in April that was a killer. I had to call and beg my Mom to come watch my two year old. Then two days later, my husband and son got it within hours and I still sick had to take son to ER since he couldn't stop puking. Hubby was home at the time driving the bus. We were all wiped out.

I seem to get sick less now that I'm housebound. And I'm glad becuase it's too much on top of already feeling bad.

Get some rest and get better soon. - Andy

Old 07-12-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
(female)

DecLady HB User
Thanks for the good wishes...

I am feeling better..but, still not what I call good these days...I think this is day six now, so it is getting a bit much. but, I keep reminding myself..this too shall pass...
Right now all I am hoping for is that I feel great on Wednesday-our actual 25th anniversary.

Old 07-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #6
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Oh bummer, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I will pray that you are in better shape for your big day. I know how hard it is when you have to miss those special days. - Andy

Closed Thread