It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
fibro

hi, i have loads of symptoms, and have since my sons birth 9 months ago. Does fibro get worse and worse? i thought i wasnt dangerous and then read you can have seizures, im really frightened now.

Old 07-11-2004, 01:35 PM   #2

kathy372001 HB User
Re: fibro

Hello Apriltones,
Im not sure if it gets worse and worse for me it has Ive only known for a short time that I have it and it seems like it does aleast for me in the last couple of weeks Ive had about 3 so so days and the rest where really bad.
Ive never heard about the seizure part sorry I cant help you there. Have you been diagnoused yet by your dr? I know my back and legs hurt so bad that I cant do much anymore how does it effect you and your day?
Keep me posted if you find more about the seizure part
Kathy
arthritis
IBS
wheelchair 2003

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
(female)

singerja1999 HB User

I have it also, or at least that is what the doctor thinks. I too have all the symptoms. I can tell you though the therapists that I see all tell me to relax. Please try not to get scared as that will only make you feel worse. Try and find peace. I am currently doing weight training, water therapy and going to an acupunturist. My water therapist also has it. She and the acupunturist say that you need to become centered and relax and not be afraid of the pain. If you don't relax you will make things really bad for yourself. I am not there yet. I tend to be a nervous, hyper person anyway so learning this is a challenge. The thing is I know it will make me feel better. So try and be patient and just take one day at a time. You will be fine. I also understand that this disease is different for everybody. If you read the boards here you will see just how bad it can get. That is why we need to concentrate on staying in peace and going with the flow. It does take patience. Hope this helps a little. Jackie

Old 07-11-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

I was worried how bad the Fibromyalgia would get, so I asked the doctor if I would ever end up in the hospital because of it. He said 'Absolutely not'.
That made me feel better.

I think that the symptoms we get can get worse and worse ,
and then better, and then a little better, and then back to the worse.

As for seizures--I have them, so I go the a neurologist regularly. He gives me meds for it and I very seldom have the big ones, just some jerking of the hands or arms once in a while. If you have any doubts about seizures there are test you can take to find out.

Good luck,

Ed

Old 07-12-2004, 07:18 AM   #5
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi April tones,

I'm sorry you're condition has gotten worse. I had fibro for over ten years before I got pregnant with my son and it was after delivery that it disabled me all of the sudden. I would be interested in hearing more about that. I believe there are a few other ladies here with the same profile. I'll start a new thread.

But in the meantime, my Mom who has fibro, has had the seizures too but they are better now. As I said I had fibro for a long time and like you did not know it could be so bad. If I had known I would've learned to pace myself younger. I was always a candle at both ends girl.

But it's best to think positive. I have gotten better over the last two years and believe it could take a couple more years to get to where I could work at all. But with my meds I have more good days than bad days. Right now I am eight weeks from baby #2 so I haven't had meds for 32 weeks. Been having a hard time.

Don't be scared though. It's not going to kill you and they learn new stuff all the time. They told me I was dying when I was 17 from lupus, But I'm here....

Andy

Old 07-12-2004, 07:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi andy, thanks for lovely reply. I get lightheadiness too is that symptom? i get loads of burning sensations, my symtoms are more annoying than painful, take care, your very brave, love april x p.s, that be good about starting new thread, keep me posted. thanksx

Closed Thread