It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #1

Dimeit HB User
My FMS was caused by my teeth

Many of you will not believe it sense you think it it were true doctors would know it.Others will say that i never had FMS in the first place.Well the doctors do not know it because they know nothing about your teeth,they are not trained to be dentist and have no license to tell you anything about your teeth.The Mayo told me i had FMS back in 1997 so i guess you can take or not take there word for it.
I suffered for 11 years with FMS,IBD,CFS.I had the same dentist for 25 years and thought my teeth were in good shap.Just by chance i changed dentist and he found bacteria in a root canal that had not been done right and under two fillings i had had for 20 years.Someing like 20 billion bacterias can live in an infection like i had and there waste is deadly posion and that is what caused all my pain.It took 90 days after the dentist fixed my teeth to get all the posion out of my body and to be able to say i was cured of FMS
Its been a year and three months sense the dentist fixed my dental infections and i can work 16 hour days with no pain .
I have seen 8 other people with FMS get there teeth fixed and they are all getting well so its not just me.One guy was 44 years old and had never had his wisdon teeth removed.When he went to my dentist he found they were so infected his body had formed syst around them trying to hold the infection in.
I hope all of you read this with an opened mind and at least find a dentist that knows how to find any bacteria infections in your teeth and also believes these bacteria can make you feel sick all over and get checked by him or her.There has never been a long term study by doctors to prove bacteria infections in your teeth can cause other health problems in your body but i did one for 11 suffering years and i know what it did to me and i know i got well after my dental infection were fixed.If the doctors started wright now with a study it would take them 5 to 8 years to find out what i already know and am telling you now.It might cost $100.00 to find a dentist that knows what hes doing and let you know if you have any infections or not so please for youe own sake think about doing it.
One thing about these bacteria is that you can have them and you will never feel any pain in your teeth or gums,that is the way they survive.The bacteria i had made me hurt everywhere except where they were liveing in my teeth.
Most dentist are not aware that thess bacteria infections can make you sick but some do know and if you do not find one that knows you will be wasting your time so do your homework to find a good one.
I have found over 50 webb sites that talk about what bacteria infections can do to you by doing a google search useing the term (dental bacteria) so do so research on your own. Terry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2004, 08:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Re: My FMS was caused by my teeth

Terry,

I believe you, especially when you mentioned the bacteria with the root canal. I heard those anaerobic bacteria in root canals are some of the worse that you can find anywhere.

As you might remember too, I linked my fibromyalgia symptoms to my mercury-silver dental amalgams a little over 10 years ago. For the most part, I'm cured. I have some occasional muscle pains, if I overdo it.

Recently, I completed another cilantro experiment. I took too much cilantro and developed muscle pains, especially around the elbows. Fortunately it did not affect my running, except for a small amount of minor pain near my left knee. So I had to quit eating the cilantro for about three months. Now, I'm back to eating the fresh cilantro to remove toxic metals such a mercury...but in smaller amounts. Apparently, once the mercury is locked in your body, it's very difficult to remove. (For those that don't know, cilantro is a food like parsley used as a spice or herb.)

I'm so happy that you discovered this. I just wish more people would realize that what we have in our teeth can affect our health.

Old 07-11-2004, 01:46 AM   #3

pookah HB User

we already saw this in your post of 3/30/04, "wake up people". honestly, hasn't this been done to death? wasn't one time enough?

Old 07-11-2004, 04:50 AM   #4

Dimeit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookah
we already saw this in your post of 3/30/04, "wake up people". honestly, hasn't this been done to death? wasn't one time enough?
One thousand time is not enough when people are suffering just because doctors are jerks when it comes to FMS.Has your doctor cured you yet.I know what cured me and if thats not news nothing is.I will post this 998 more times so when you see my next one dont be suprized.

Last edited by Dimeit; 07-11-2004 at 04:54 AM.

Old 07-11-2004, 05:12 AM   #5

Dimeit HB User

I went ahead and had my mercury removed also after the dentist found all the infections i had just in case it was hurting me.You could have some hidden bacteria left in your gums causeing the small pains your still haveing.I never would have thought my teeth could be makeing me as sick as i was.Thank GOD i found a dentist that knew what he was doing or else i would still be huting. Terry

Old 07-11-2004, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

Terry,

Thanks for your post.

After you post it one thousand times, I'll bump it up for you a thousand times more.

It's great to be healthy. I can't say it enough. After being told in 1978 by a doctor to not run more than a hundred yards, I find running nearly 20 miles a week exhilirating.

But when will enough people read these messages, and say, "Maybe I'll take a look at it and try to learn more about it"? If they would just take the time. There's now a plethora of studies and anecdotal evidence pointing to problems with our teeth restorations and our health.

I also found that nutrition, herbs, and exercise (for those that can do it) very important too. Whose doctor is going to look past the prescription pad and surgery to look at these important things that help cure these fibromyalgia symptoms?

Old 07-11-2004, 08:26 PM   #7

kovena HB User
Lightbulb Re: My FMS was caused by my teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimeit
One thousand time is not enough when people are suffering just because doctors are jerks when it comes to FMS.Has your doctor cured you yet.I know what cured me and if thats not news nothing is.I will post this 998 more times so when you see my next one dont be suprized.

I never saw the original post. I was so surprised to see this one about teeth and Fibro. I had my teeth seriously cleaned and all new front fillings put in. I was down for 5 months from that and could not close my mouth for the swelling and pain. The toxins were causing me fevers and a flare up was the by product. I never would have equated the Dentist with that flare up so THANKS for re-posting abot teeth and Fibro!....Love Light and Hope to all sufferers out there. I am so sorry Ed that you are being treated as such. My Man walks by me when I am moving slow, and he goes in and gets me a ride on cart at the grocery when I cant do it myself. Who do you think performs all the household chores when I cannot get out of bed. And does the shopping when I can't. And feeds the Cats...I could go on and on, and on top of all that he works a full day. He has been the Steadfast of my life and I do not know what I would do without him. I consider myself one of the Lucky ones. You are in Our Prayers Ed, and All of you!
"Above All Do No Harm"....Kovena

Old 07-12-2004, 04:47 AM   #8

Dimeit HB User

There are 500 different kinds of bacteria that can get in our teeth and each one has different strains.Musterd gas that has been used by the military is made from bacteria.Who would have ever thought that the work done on us by dentist could cause so much pain if its not done wright. Terry

Old 07-12-2004, 05:38 AM   #9
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

I don't believe that the 'tooth theory'. If it were that simple maybe more doctors would know about it. I'm sure word would have gotten around by now.

Maybe you never had fibromyalgia---just chronic infections.

Ed

Old 07-12-2004, 08:03 AM   #10
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Well I understand about the "done to death" reaction becuase it was my original one as well, however I also understand that it could help many people and it's noble that Dimeit wants to tell as many people as possible. I wish it would fix me. There are many things which can cause ibfor, chemical exposure, physical or mental trauma, abuse, medical procedures as well as the dental stuff. That's what we're all here for is to share and learn.

I don't have mercury or dental bacteria but I did have a fistula before I got fibro in my late teens. It was a bacterial infection. It came back two years ago and I had surgery twice for it. I have been unable to work ever since from the fibro.

- Andy

Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #11
(female)

smackliet HB User

My 13 year old had no fillings and she was diagnosed with FM.
I Have FM and I do have fillings. I really think there is no 1 answer for every one but it would be great if there was It also looks like she is gonna have to deal with the head aches and IBS too.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:13 PM   #12

Dimeit HB User

You do not have to have filling to have a bacteria infection.You can have it and have no pain so you have to depend on your dentist let you know if your ok.Many dentist do not care if you have a bacteria infection because they do not think it hurts anything.I know better because i got cured of FMS after i got my teeth fixed.My old dentist that i had been going to for 25 years never told me i had these infections so he let me suffer for 11 years.
The bacteria is transferable to others if you kiss them.I hope this helps you get a better understanding of what could be going on. Terry

Old 07-14-2004, 04:54 AM   #13

Dimeit HB User

Thats to bad because its true.I have seen many other people besides me get well after getting there teeth fixed.Most dentist dont seem to care if you have bacteria infections and will not tell you what the bacteria is doing to us.
Would a doctor let us walk around with an infected wound anywhere on our body that he could see,no.We cant see the infections in our mouths and dentist know it,so some just let it go. Terry

Old 07-15-2004, 12:57 PM   #14

kovena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovena

I never saw the original post. I was so surprised to see this one about teeth and Fibro. I had my teeth seriously cleaned and all new front fillings put in. I was down for 5 months from that and could not close my mouth for the swelling and pain. The toxins were causing me fevers and a flare up was the by product. I never would have equated the Dentist with that flare up so THANKS for re-posting abot teeth and Fibro!....Love Light and Hope to all sufferers out there. I am so sorry Ed that you are being treated as such. My Man walks by me when I am moving slow, and he goes in and gets me a ride on cart at the grocery when I cant do it myself. Who do you think performs all the household chores when I cannot get out of bed. And does the shopping when I can't. And feeds the Cats...I could go on and on, and on top of all that he works a full day. He has been the Steadfast of my life and I do not know what I would do without him. I consider myself one of the Lucky ones. You are in Our Prayers Ed, and All of you!
"Above All Do No Harm"....Kovena
Of course I say all these GREAT things about My Man Ross, and as soon as my Meds were changed and I am beginning to get some relief, he expects me to Spring right up and pick up where I left off...Errr..Ummm Ross... I was bedridden for 2 Years. It will take me a little time to get back on my feet. He does not understand now. He thinks because I got new meds I am fully able to do everything again. I tried the other day and went and did some house cleaning (he has not vacuumed for 2 years Akkk!) did the litter boxes, went shopping. By the time I got to the supermarket I knew I was in trouble. I had to ride the disabled cart again. I could barely make it back home and when I did I had to sit in the car for 5 minutes before I could get up and out of it. The last thing I was able to do was bring the groceries in and put the fridge stuff away. I went to bed after that and now I have a 102 fever again. I can barely move and pain level is at an 8. My arms are almost as bad as they were a couple weeks ago, and I cannot even lift my coffee cup. I am a mess.I slept for 4 hours and I still had to get up and spend 2 hours making breaded pork chops and stuff...but thats all he will have for a while so he better make it last! And now he is mad at me. He gives these remarks under his breath as he walks away from me.."huh shes too lazy now that I did all the work before" I could scream if I had the energy. I have gone back Down. And I can barely finish this post. Back to bed. I am so upset because I too thought maybe I could get up now and do everything. WAH! Now what do I do?? How can a Flare come on so fast and even after I thought it was just mostly wrong meds and pain keeping me down. WAH!
"Above All Do No Harm" Love and Light to All...kovena

Old 07-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #15

Dimeit HB User

Keep on posting and let us know how you do.Regular Doctors will never admit that teeth bacteria is makeing us sick until enough people gett well by going to there dentist.Even most dentist do not think the bacteria is worse than the mercury but i know better.My dentist fixed the bacteria problem and i got well.Six months later i went back and had all the mercury removed but my FMS was already gone.Ask your dentist how much bacteria he found under all those old filling you had removed just so you know all the detials. Terry

Closed Thread