It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 AM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
I'm All Caught Up...

Wow, lots of activity while I was laid up. I'm doing better but I'm pretty sure my hand is going to fall off. It's great to see so many nice people joining the board. We have a great group.

Last night my best friend and singing/writing partner had a producer come over and record some of our songs. I was so happy when I heard it I cried. I had feared that maybe fibro was going to take away any hope I had of singing. So never give up on your dreams. Even if I can't ever go perform like I used to, I can still send my music out into the world. My friend Rhonda and I joke about getting discovered and having to go on tour. All the extra trappings we would need to be comfortable. No wild parties and stocked bars. We want a hot tub, massage therapist, acupuncturist/chiropractor and memory foam mattresses on the bus. We'll call it the Hobble and Groan Tour.

Guess I'm in a sarcastic mood today

Thanks for being there all of you and I hope nobody over did the please the family routine over the weekend. You all made me feel better during last weeks flare.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: I'm All Caught Up...

Congratulations on having your music recorded. That must have made your day. It really is exciting and I hope you let us know what kind of music you sing/write.

If you do go on the road--yes, hot tub, foam memory cushioning, etc., etc.

Never leave home without it.

Congrats again,

Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

singerja1999 HB User
Re: I'm All Caught Up...

I really enjoyed reading your post. I too enjoying singing. I used to belong to a group of female singers called the Candlelighters. We would go to retirement homes and nursing homes to sing. I was in it for about 4-5 years but I was getting nodules on my vocal chords and so I had to stop. I was singing 3 hours a week and my throat couldn't take it. I do however still have my 1 hour voice lesson which I thoroughly love. From one singer to another, keep on singing those tunes. Take care, Jackie

Closed Thread