It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

tam821 HB User
hot tubs

My wonderful husband bought me a hot tub, we have it outside and use it at nite, its great. the best part is I keep the water at 110 degrees, and it feels so good on my body,, the heat.. BUT OUCHHHHHHHH, the jets hurt my skin !!!
I have to turn them down really low..

THE HEAT , ahhh, the heat,, is so wonderful, but when I get out,, it all comes back the pain after about a hour or so...

well, being in there and closing my eyes and relaxing like that for an hour,, I'LL
TAKE IT, if thats all the relief I can get..

anyone else have one?\
TAMMY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Re: hot tubs

Hi Tammy, My Mom recently got one so I go use hers occasionally. It feels wonderful when I'm in it. And lasts for awhile afterward. My doctor told me she would give me a prescription for one so we could write it off but we have no money for that considering I haven't worked for two years. Maybe if I get my SSD.

I havent' felt much like getting in it lately though. It's been almost 100 here every day.

Enjoy the soaking. - Andy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi Tammy--

I love using a hot-tub, but you know what really does it for me: a sauna.
Everytime I use one it seems like my whole body goes into a relaxation state.

Hot tubs have been good for me also, but the sauna seems to linger longer. At least for me.

And--of course, the pain returns fast enough:-(

Ed

Old 07-13-2004, 07:56 AM   #4
(female)

DecLady HB User

I LOVE my hot tub...but the 'odd' things that I have found...
rarely can I tolerate temps above 101..and sometimes I can't tolerate that!
The jets most of the time feel great depending on which areas are getting hit..but always there are spots that just make me want to scream if the high jet hits them just right.
Sometimes I get in and have to get right out as my skin hurts!
But, if anyone would ask if it was worth the money..I would say yes! there are many days when I am in several times...and dh loves it as well!

Old 07-13-2004, 08:52 AM   #5

snslilly HB User

Hi, Tammy!

I wish I had a hot tub. I use my aunt and uncle's occasionally and it really seems to help for a while anyways. We went on vacation a couple weeks ago and my 6 year old and my husband spent all their time in the pool and I spent mine in the hot tub. My husband has a friend who sells hot tubs in Ohio and I keep telling him we need to go and get one. Maybe after reading these replies, I can convince him it is worth the drive and money to get one. I'd love to have mine outside so I can sit under the stars and relax and even up use it when it snows (I live in WV).

Steph

Closed Thread