It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #1

snslilly HB User
Vacation Overload

I must either be really stupid or the fibro really clouded my brain last week. My husband was on vacation last week but we didn't go anywhere because we had so many things around the house that we wanted done. See we bought an old house that sat in an estate for several years with nothing being done to it. I pushed myself all week by taking pain meds and sometimes more than prescribed just to be able to get out of bed. The bad thing is, I knew I was overdoing it and now I am really paying for it. The last 2 days, my husband has had to help me out of bed. All I have felt like doing is sitting at the computer (not for very long at a time) and lying in bed watching tv. I haven't even felt like eating. Even swallowing hurts. The pain is so bad that the percocets aren't even touching it.

Someone out there please tell me that I'm not the only one who overdoes it. I just thought that it would be so great to the work with my husband and kids and that I would appreciate it so much more. Right now the only thing I'm appreciated is that my husband went back to work, my 6 year old to my mothers, and my 16 year old is out of the house for the week.

Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Vacation Overload

Hi Steph--

No, you aren't the only one who overdoes it sometimes. I'm a member of that club and eventually I'm gonna learn my lesson.

In my zeal to prove to some people that I can function in a better state than usual I put forth a 1000% of any energy I have.

Like you, I've had to take a little more meds than prescribed to get through it, but when someone is on vacation with you and sees how you are 24 hours a day it can be quite a shock to them. So, I hide it. And then I have to dole out the meds with what I have left and all i have to show for anything is the situation you're in now.

It's almost like I automatically fall into it. Or--something happens like the toilet flooding all over the place and I have to get down on all fours to mop, clean, fix and replace all to normal. It's like I'm alone and have no choice but to get working on it. What else can I do? Then I figure--the heck with it--and keep on working at something because I know i already (through not fault of my own) did damage to my body.

No, you aren't alone when it comes to over-doing it. Somehow we get through it though, don't we?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #3
(female)

Izzybella HB User
Re: Vacation Overload

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Closed Thread