It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
No Martyr Here

No martyr here, but I'm having a really good day and tonight it will be shot by one thing I have to do: move two televisions. I sold one and bought a new one and tonight I have to move them. I've got a buddy to help me, but all I can think is that all the TLC I gave myself over the last three days is gonna be shot by lifting these boxes. Help!!!

I just had to say it. There always seems to be something that must be done and if I could only get out of some of them I would. Yet--what do you do when you have nobody else to do it?

Usually I shop online and have things delivered. I did it with the home theater system and other heavy items, but this time I went out to get the tv and expected delivery and now found I can't get it. And since I sold one tv I have to deliver it if I want the money.

Thanks for letting me say that. So often some of us feel so good and then do an obligation and end up hurting in so much pain. Not being a martyr, but isn't this kind of thing so common for us?

And thanks for letting me vent.

Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
(female)

Izzybella HB User
Re: No Martyr Here

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2004, 12:36 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Ditto....if you don't get the assistance...tomorrow you will pay two fold.

It's not worth it...

Old 07-17-2004, 06:37 AM   #4
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

I was supposed to move both tvs last night and didn't do it. I'm still trying to find someone in the neighborhood who could help me. So far--I haven't run into anyone when walking my dog. I don't call because the neighors and I don't really socialize, except when outside doing routine things.

I'm trying my best to get out of moving these things. I don't know what I was thinking when the new one couldn't be delivered. Or the old one picked up.
So far, I've put it off. You're right--I will pay for it if I do it. I don't want to but put myself in this position. I don't even know what i was thinking, as I usually have everything delivered. TV was a bargain, though. And--sold the old one, so it's a $$$ thing.

Ed

Old 07-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #5
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Ed, Glad you didn't try to do it yourself. I know it's a pain waiting for others to help you. I have 7 weeks to go to my due date so at this point I'm doubly useless and it drives me crazy.

- Andy

Old 07-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #6
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Andy--I can only imagine what it must be like for you. And--never 'useless', only 'resting and taking care' of yourself.

And--I only had to move one tv out and bring one in. All the rest was done by two other people I managed to get. And when I did move the two--I had a strong helping hand. So--it worked out good.

Today I did a heavy duty food shopping and know I'm pushing my luck because I can already feel a few problems coming on, but at least I know all is done and I can rest all week. I find that if I do absolutely nothing and stay off of my feet, when I get up I'm all refreshed and don't feel too bad. So much for exercise......

Ed

Old 07-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Good for you ED! I think sometimes you just have to put your feet up. Food shopping wears me out too. I stupidly tried to do it alone Friday with my son. It took two hours between the fatigue and the brain fog. Finding things and making decisions about every damn thing makes my head spin. No more shopping til after I recover from labor.

- Andy

Old 07-19-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

I don't blame you, Andy. You probably should put your feet up and wait til the time down the road after you recover from labor. You know how it is, though: often we say things like that and they go and do something anyway.

I'm hurting today from the tv move and shopping. I really ache and have pain all over, so I didn't go to visit my mother-in-law in the nursing home. I got out of that, so all i have to do is make dinner later. And walk my dog.

I took ALL of my pain meds when i got out of bed--it was that bad, but I did take the advice here and got help with the tv--food shopping just got added in. So--I coasting out of the haze of meds I was in this morning and can't take anymore til tomorrow, but it's OK. At least I can now move and get to the table to type, walk the dog, etc.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I should have expected this. The very minute I start to get active, this miserable disease stops me in my tracks.

That's my complaint for the day.

And Andy--I never knew how rough labor was until my baby nieces had their babies---I got full descriptions and now I understand it better. Rough.

Ed

Closed Thread