It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

singerja1999 HB User
Hurting in Maryland

Hello All, I just wanted to say that today has not been too great. I am at least able to get around and for that I am VERY grateful. Today however I started getting pain that were shooting through my back, side and hips. My back is very achey tonight. I did see my trainer this week. I know that if it weren't for her I would not be able to get out of bed. I have also been feeling very weepy lately. Now, that is really not me. I have to say however that I do not get much "good sleep" I had trouble getting to sleep last night and was up again at 4:00 A.M. this morning. This is an ongoing problem. I am wondering if my lack of sleep is making me weepy. I was at my trainer's house on Friday and I tried to do the pull down. As I pulled down both of my hands started to shake. She said it was probably from my neck so I had to stop. I do my work with her at the pace of a snail. I have very high expectations of myself and I think a part of the problem is that I expect a lot more of myself then I am capable of giving. I would like to know your thoughts. Thanks so much. Jackie

Old 07-17-2004, 05:41 AM   #2
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User
Re: Hurting in Maryland

Hi Jackie--

The lack of sleep along with the pain could be making you, as you said, 'weepy'.
Maybe you can get the doc to give you something for sleep. I have to take a couple of things at bedtime or I wouldn't sleep at all. Lack of restorative times of sleep won't help the body heal, so...it really is important to get that solved.

That's my thinking about it--that you might need help getting to sleep.

Get some rest, rest, rest.

Ed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2004, 07:06 PM   #3
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Jackie, I'm on the weepy train too because I've been sleepless and hurting. And 32 weeks pregnant on top of that..lol..it's a wonder I get out of bed.

When I go too long without a solid night's sleep everything makes me upset.

Ed is right, rest, rest, rest.

- Andy

Old 07-18-2004, 07:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Jackie,
I am hurting in Pa. your neghbor. Been getting so much rain here and sure not helping my pain.I have the low back and leg pain, Just got over a flair in the upper chest and shoulder. I go through periods where I cannot fall asleep, but mainly my sleep problem is waking up so many times during the night that I wonder if I actually slept. Is it any wonder we get weepy, having pain 24/7 is enough to make anyone cry. I have this darn dd for 20 years and have gotten worse and worse over the years.

Fell better soon, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 07-25-2004, 02:05 AM   #5

kovena HB User
Exclamation Re: Hurting in Maryland

I too suffer from waking up at night, in fact I can time it every hour on the hour, as if I were an alarm clock. It makes me crazy. Then I get to try and sleep during the day and the neighbor has 2 kids that go out in their yard out back...facing my bedroom window, and scream at the top of their lungs !!! Is that normal? I do not remember my Daughter doing that, and I do not know any other kids that do that, I mean scream for long periods of time as if they are being killed. Then I hear them laughing. And thier dog goes APE barking when they are out there...I had to ask their Mother last year when I was suffering from constant Migraines, to please not let the dog bark because I had just had a shot at the hospital for migraine and DOG keeps me from getting the sleep I need to get rid of the migraine...do you think she tells her kids to scream out out spite ? It started after that. Hmm! OK enough venting...back to the subject LOL!
I seem to only be able to sleep one hour at a time and it is driving me up a wall. I have turned all the lights off, I have tried night lite on, I use ear plugs...I wonder if it is because I am afraid to have the bad dreams I have a lot. Hmmm..I may have answered my question, but what do I do about it? I cannot live on no sleep like this. Then when I Finally get to sleep, Ross comes in and wakes me...saying he though he heard me saying something..(thats just in the day time) I could just spit it makes me so mad !!! Yet he will not come in and wake me from a nightmare at night... Am I being Paranoid or are there people doing things for spite to me? I hope I am not paranoid, but it all seems so related, almost obvious.
OH! Another thing...has anyone been just on the verge of falling asleep only to hear the doorbell, and no one is there, or the phone, and no one is there, or knocking on the wall...that one is especially perplexing, maybe I have Ghosts?!!! It happens to me very often only during the day. Any clues to what going on here...Sleepless in Washington! LOL!
Above All Do No Harm" Divine Love and Healing Light to All...kovena

Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 AM   #6
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Kovena,

Bells, bells, bells. You might have some tinnitis. Do you have TMJ or do your ears ever ring or hurt? I have those and do what you describe. Thinking I hear the door or the phone or something. Also you are probably more sensitive to noise than others. My Mom and I both are. It's very common with fibro. I can hear the grass grow.

- Andy

Old 07-26-2004, 06:38 AM   #7
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

PS...Jackie are you feeling better hun? - Andy

Closed Thread