It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Question Creepy Crawlies

What's worse than feeling like there are bugs crawling on you but it's just fibro nerve pains and restless leg syndrome?

Feeling like there are bugs crawling on you from fibro, BUT THEY REALLY ARE BUGS!!!!!

I was lying on the couch today and have been having the crawlies all week. Part of the reaosn I ahven't posted much. I'm having a really hard time with my whole right side. So I'm lying there and feel something crawling on me and I'm thinking, damn, this flare is never gonna get better.

Finally after about two minutes I was freaking out and sat up to swat myself and I had ANTS on me. LOL!!!

Gotta have a sense of humor about things I guess. For some reason we get some ants in the house every year during July. Not enough to find a trail and get them but enough to be a nuisance sometimes.

I thought it might make you laugh to hear that.

Hang in there everybody and sry I haven't been able to post much. Everything on me keeps falling asleep or burning like I would volunteer for amputation. Horrible thing to say I know but I also know those of you who feel that pain understand.

- Andy

Old 07-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Creepy Crawlies

Hi Tauras,
You have bugs too, so do I, I already jumped out of bed, ripped the bed apart looking for the darn things, none to be found. I also get stinging sensations on and off that feel like a bee stung me. I chase those invisibly little creepy crawlers off me a lot.

Sorry you are hurting, I have not been on much either, been having a flair, our weather is awful, rain, rain and more rain. Right now my lower back and legs ache terribly.

Do you ever get those sensations in your breast where it feels like your bra is putting an annoying pressure on your breast and you do not even have a bra on?

Hope we all are better soon, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Rain here too. Flooding and all. It brings about aching, but i spent such a restful week last week that I was able to get around this weekend.

I'm itching from all this bug talk.....and remember I have Lyme Disease.....LOL......

You're right---gotta keep a sense of humor.

Ed

Old 07-18-2004, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Ed, you must be in PA,. or New Jersey, it had not let up at all here, justs keeps pouring. If my back did not hurt so much I would build an ark.

Watch out for those creepy crawlers. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 07-18-2004, 01:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

the bug sensation has been my symptom of the week! ha ha. I could of sworn there was something crawling and there hasnt. What causes it? how can you stop it? what does flare mesn? sprry for all questions, april x

Old 07-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #6
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Everybody! Sorry April I keep forgetting this is all new to you. Most of us seems to have "flares" of our fibro meaning that we can go for days or weeks feeling a little sore and stiff but maybe around a 3 or 4 on pain scale. Then something will happen and we have a flair where we have more symptoms and our pain is between a 6 and 10. All you can do is take bed rest and nothing makes you feel better except good drugs. It can take a few days or a few weeks to recup depending on how bad it gets. Before I had to stop working I went for years with one or two short flares per year that took a week or so to get over. But now they are more frequent which is why I can't work. I have good days and bad days instead of good months and bad weeks. As far as the bug sensation I think it's neurological but I don't know exactly, neither do the docs. I don't know how to stop it but I do know how to make it feel better. When it's really bad hydroxizine helps. It seems to calm down the nervous system.

Ed, lyme disease lol! Not funny but funny.

Linda, yes I do get the booby pain. And it's no booby prize. I'm pregnant and just started getting my milk yesterday. I still have seven weeks to go and my chest hurts so I have to wear a bra which just makes other things hurt.

At least I know I'll have milk. Now it's just up to him or her to be a good nurser.

Keep Your Head Above Water-ba dum dum

Andy

Old 07-18-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
(female)

mollymadison HB User

Finally! I am not completely crazy! I thought I was going crazy about feeling bugs crawl on me. This week has been horrible but, I am going through a flare. I just keep thinking its a loose hair or something. The brain fog has just completely got me going this time. Just typing this message is hard. I keep back spacing alot.

Now back to the subject! Thanks for posting about this. I actually thought I was going crazy!

Old 07-19-2004, 08:56 AM   #8

Barberian HB User

Pantyhose help me. I wear Sheer Energy even at night when needed. I know some can't tolerate them, but they help me.
Has anyone ever figured out what causes this weird problem?
Have you taken the sup advertised here for it?

Old 07-19-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi andy, thanks for explaining. Congratulations on being pregnant. How many children have you got? love april x

Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 PM   #10
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Do you ever notice sometimes that brain fog makes my posts at least sound like I'm from the ozarks or using and "eaker one" to talk. Lol. You are welcome April. I have a two year old boy and the baby on the way. Oh and thanks Barb for the pantyhose idea. I wear leggings in the winter which helps but pantyhose would feel good too. I jsut never thought about lounging aroun din them, only wear on special occasions when I have my legs showing, ya know. Molly, I hope you feel better soon!

Love - Andy

Old 07-22-2004, 02:42 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

i have 9 and half month son called jack, i have been having hardly any sleep as jack been teething, last few days ive felt loads better, first in ages as i have caught up on sleep, does this happen with fibro? love april x

Old 07-22-2004, 04:39 AM   #12
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi April,

Yes, no sleep makes things worse. One of the hard things about being a Mom of young children with fibro. I remember Andrew teething. He still has four molars left yet to come in but it doesn't seem to bug him anymore.

I've had about 4 hours of broken sleep tonight because Andrew woke up about three times. It's Daddy's job to get up and tend to him but he does a crappy man version of the job. Meaning that as you know if you get to them fast and quiet them down they go back to sleep. If you lay there like a lump and let them scream for ten minutes, they'll wake up again later or have poop in their diaper or whatever.

Then at 4:15 he woke up because his diaper had leaked in the crib for like the 5th night in a row. Daddy has been changing the crib every stinking night and I have smelly pee pee laundry every day. We've tried everything and I don't know what else to do. He's not potty trained enough yet not to pee at night of course. We put overnight diapers with a doubling pad in it but it just can't hold the deluge. I'm gonna go look at some parenting sights and see if anyone else has an idea. This must happen to other toddlers.

Went on a tangent...that's what no sleep does to me. I have my dance class tonight which I probably won't make since I got no sleep. Third week in a row. Arrgh.

- Andy

Old 07-23-2004, 01:07 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

ah you suffering like me, have you asked your health visitor?there is a goood site, forum about children but i cant put it can i, its a well known brand name, love april x

Old 07-23-2004, 02:24 PM   #14
(female)

DecLady HB User
Maybe it is just the time of year...

I don't usually call this one of my main symptoms..but the last few days..boy has it been bad!!! I am always rubbing or looking for what is on me! yesterday I had sharp *****ly sensations all over for several hours...then last night it was gone..and now it is back! I try to just laugh about all these weird things..but it can get to be too much sometimes...

Old 07-25-2004, 01:10 AM   #15

kovena HB User

I get tht feeling in my breast too...its weird, as if it is being flattened but there isno pressure on it? Go figure...if its not one thing it another!! LOL! And thos creepy crawlers...well I don't rip my bed apart anymore like I used to..(Too hard to get it back together LOL!) but boy what a pain in the as* that can be. It can wake you out of a full sound sleep, and get you jumping up faster than I ever thought I could jump LOL! Geesh...that in itself can cause a flare!
Here's some Imaginary RAID for those creepy Crawlers LOL!
**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*++*++*+*+*Imaginary RAID!*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Sure hope it helps LOL!
"Above All Do No HArm"...Divine Love and Healing Light to All...kovena

Closed Thread