It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CINDERELLA HB User
What Do You Think

Hi, my doc thinks I have Fm, I have had chronic back pain/stiffness for 8 years, I have usually coped by myself but suddenly just before christmas I started getting heart palpitations and my back stiffness has gotten really bad, I feel my life is over, it is a strain on my family. My doctor says I have an anxiety disorder now, I am getting heart palps, racing heart during the day, i cant concentrate on anything and have gone off my food. Can anxiety cause you more pain and stiffness? before the anxiety I had a bit more movement, now if i go to chiro or try stretches I end up in pain and in bed with a racing heart. Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 11:13 AM   #2

foxwalker HB User
Re: What Do You Think

Hi
I think you know what all the sings are and boy you have them all I went thru much of the same thing and it was all anxiety hitting me but I did get Fibro about a year after the anxiety attacks started to really get bad . I do hope that your doc gave you something to help you get thru all of this without to much stress worring about when the next one will hit.
Good luck and I do wish you all the best and you sound just like I did before I went to my doctor for help.
hugs franny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi There,

I think the anxiety/pain connection is a vicious circle. The anxiety makes our body have the adrenaline surge and all our muscles tense up which aggravates the fibro. Then being in pain itself causes anxiety plus you have the worry over all that you're not doing while resting. Then you're in more pain again and so on.

Meditation, Hypnotherapy and Xanax work well for me. Also I have ben practicing for awhile how to be more ike my husband and just let things roll righ off of me. He is a cool cucumber when it comes to life's stresses. Used to bug the hell out of me but now I see the value in emulating it.

Hope that helps dearie - Andy

Old 07-21-2004, 06:55 AM   #4
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

I always believe that anxiety=stress and that stress=anxiety. They seem to go hand in hand.

Try to relax and get a good doctor who can give you a firm diagnosis.
Then you'll probably get treatment to give you some relief.

Feel better soon!!!!!!

Ed

Closed Thread