It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 01:44 PM   #1

Vic15 HB User
how did FM begin for you????

Hello everyone

I am hoping you might be able me! I am trying to work out if this could be FMS?

Main symptoms are;

-Feeling like someone has hit the top of foot with something heavy or something is tugging my feet muscles?
-Aching pain all over which comes and goes-main sites are my neck, back and shoulders-accompanied by stiffness
-Restless legs-sometimes I cannot stand still and an annoying creepy crawly feeling through my legs
-Twitching-on and off all over
-Slow digestion
-Too much salivia/over production of salivia
-Constipation
-Constantly tired no matter how much I sleep

Can anyone recognise these similar to their own symptoms?

Thank you,

Love Vicky x x x x x

Old 07-20-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Re: how did FM begin for you????

Hi Vicky,

Those do sound familiar. If you need confirmation go to your doctor and ask them to check you for the fibro trigger points. It could be many things though so unfortunately you need a doctor to know for sure. But I think it's a possibility for you.

I drool in my sleep...lol. Sometimes I choke on my own spit. YUCK. And then it doesn't make sense that I'm so thirsty all the time.

There is a post called The List from the last few weeks that has all the fibro symptoms listed that might help you.

Let us know what you find out - Andy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #3
Inactive

PapaRoux HB User

Hi--

Fibromyalgia can cause all kinds of symptoms and bring about many problems.
A good rheumatologist can probably help you narrow it down.
It's good to get a clear diagnosis because then they can help you better.
Also, with that twitching you mentioned--you might want to talk to a neurologist.

Mine is from multiple tick Lyme Disease that wasn't treated correctly and caused all kinds of body problems and horrors. Fibromyalgia is one of them.

Good luck!!

Ed

Old 07-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #4
(female)

mollymadison HB User

My fibro started in my feet. My feet pain started as a burning sensation deep inside my bones. It was hard to walk. This then moved to my hands. Withing a few weeks moved to my legs and spine. Then my body felt like one big bruise. I actually went to the ER 2X in one week, one day apart. The first they dx with liver imflammation but it wasn't to high. They gave me morphine for the pain. The second time the dr dx with fibro right away by just touching the touch points. He also noted the fatigue. I never knew what fatigue was until this point. I could barely make it from the couch to the bathroom. As far as sleep, it was almost none. At least not restful sleep. The pain was too severe. Many times over the last year I have missed work for symptoms like the flu, the achiness but that's all. I just thought I was tired. I have had migraines for years and endometriosis for years. What cam first I don't know. My grandma always said all along, it was fibro. I just thought she was crazy. I always seem to get what my grandma gets so it's no wonder that I have this too!

I agree with the other posts. You definitely need to get to a Dr. Start making a pain diary. When it hurts, where, what you did to make it better. Monitor your sleeping patterns. Refer to "The List". You will be surprised at how much this syndrome can do. Take the list to your Dr to help with Dx.

In the mean time, I hope you start feeling better real soon.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #5

Dimeit HB User

Do you have any bad teeth.
Terry

Old 07-22-2004, 02:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

does sleep make symptoms better? i might have fibro but waiting to see neuro. My symptoms have been loads better last few days as i was able to catch up on sleep, is this the case?

Old 07-22-2004, 04:42 AM   #7
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Yes Yes Yes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - Andy

Closed Thread