It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

countrygal HB User
Question Rheumatologist Appt?

I have my first appt the 30th. Was wondering if anyone could tell me about how many visits it takes to find out if FM is what i have? I know he will order blood tests and do an exam and read over my medical info. I am just trying to see how about how many times i might need to make arraigments for. It is1 1/2 hrs away and i have to have someone to take me to the appts. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 03:35 PM   #2

Dimeit HB User
Re: Rheumatologist Appt?

The doc will test you for everything and if all the test come back showing nothing wrong he will tell you you have FMS and theres no cure.Then he will give you pain pills to take the rest of your life.My FMS was caused by a dental infection and it took 11 years of suffering to find it out.
Terry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
(female)

tam821 HB User

I went to a rheume, he touched the tender spots, i jumped, he went over my history, etc,, and said its fibro, he wanted to do xrays, bw, and scans to rule out everything else, them I went back to get results of the tests, all were ok, and confirmed the fibro.. he gave me meds, see him every 3 months, yet I decided just to follow back up with my family doc
best wishes , tammy

Old 07-21-2004, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

countrygal HB User

Tammy thanks for your reply. I hope it is like that for me. I have been to so many Drs trying to find a Dx for my problems. I feel he will be the last resort. Im not wanting the dx of FM but if i do at least i will know what is wrong with me. And maybe get treatment that will help. I feel like i am running out of options. I have had problems for over 5 years straight, and i feel its time to find the problem and deal with it.. Thanks again for your reply. If you have anything else to add please do so...Pam

Old 07-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #5
(female)

tam821 HB User

Hi Pam,

I hopw your doctor apt goes well for you, Hes a rheumy doc, he will find your problem,, I assure you. the tests will help determine the results too.

gosh I was so tired and dragged down for a while, thought i was depressed.
and LAZY,, I ached so much, I sure didnt know what the heck was going on.

anyway, when you fill out your history form, dont be afraid to mark all the things that are wrong, ok,? after I was done filling out forms, I think I had almost everything checked.. lol.. its ok though..

let him know about your aches, where you ache, your sleep, pain,
all that good fibro stuff.. grr..

let me know how it went

hoped I helped in a small way..

TAMMY

Old 07-24-2004, 12:54 PM   #6
(female)

countrygal HB User

Thanks Tammy, I did actually have almost all the signs, so there are alot of checks. LOL (i sure hope he doesnt think i'm a mental case) It sure is nice to get responses from caring folks. I am wishing that the exam was over and answers were already given. But after all i have been waiting for along time, so what is a few more days.. I'll let ya know what i find out.. I'm sure i'll have more ?'s afterwards too. Hope you are having a good weekend... Thanks Pam

Old 07-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi Pam,

I wish you good luck with your appointment. My rheumy diagnosis was similar to Tammy's so I'm sure it will go great. I get nervous any time I see a new doctor too. Hopefully he/she will have some good treatment advice to help you feel better. I look forward to hearing how it went. Just remember you are their employer so don't take any doo doo from them. I always try to remind myself that I am their boss and without patients they wouldn't have a job. - Andy

Terry I think it is very rude to address everyone's posts with the dental thing over and over. We have all been very patient and supportive of you expressing your opinion and you can submit your own new thread daily if you want. But when someone has a specific question or need to vent it is belittling to keep repeating the go to the dentist thing. Just expressing my opinion as you do yours. If you remember I defended your right to express yourself in your post so I'm not trying to be difficult here.

Old 07-25-2004, 03:26 PM   #8
(female)

countrygal HB User

Thanks Andy, I will let all know what i find out Friday.... Pam

Old 08-07-2004, 04:03 PM   #9
(female)

countrygal HB User

I made it to my appt. The PA looked young enough to have been my daughter. LOL She asked alot of questions looked at me like i was weird or something. She did the trigger points and some other visual tests. Left the room for awhile. Then in came the DOCTOR... I really liked him. He was alot easier to talk to then the pa was. He told me i do have FMS, but i also have one or more problems. (ankylosing spondylitis, IBD spondylitis and possably the undifferiental spondylitis) Gee, i wasnt ready for all that! He said i had alot of researching he wanted me to do and i had to talk to my GP dr and and my eye dr. Then i have to decide about which one of the 7 drugs i wanted to try first. (i cant take NSAID's or prednisones) He went over all the bad meds, and told me which one he would like to ry first. But wanted me to think about it read about it and then get back to him. So here i am after all the research i have already done to figure out about fibro. I never thought that i would have any of the other things too. And by the way i havent even gotten back my blood work test yet.... Gee, i sure hope they come back ok... I was confused about my next appt, the PA made it for 3 months but the Dr wanted me to get back to him ain a week or two.... Sorry it is so long but i am trying to figure it all out.... Hope everyone is having a good day......Has anyone experienced this?

Closed Thread