It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 07:35 PM   #1

Dimeit HB User
CRP blood test for FMS ?

A CRP blood test cost ten bucks and it will check for any inflamation in your blood including dental bacteria waste.If your CRP test is high then you will know your getting posion from somewhere(maybe from dental bacteria).Inflamation in the blood is being linked to heart disease that kills 7 million americans a year.If im right about all this it is the biggest story on earth.
If you get the test done and it is high dont bother asking your doctor if dental bacteria waste could cause your FMS because he wont know.Just find the best dentist you can and get your teeth and gums checked for infection.
Terry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: CRP blood test for FMS ?

My knowledge is that FM is not an inflamatory condition. My Dr. has my CRP checked every year as part of my blood work, she told me it is a marker for heart disease and cancer. Sed rates are a marker for inflamation. Since I am only saying what I know and understand I stand corrected if anyone else has a different opinion or info.
I have had Fm for 20 years anbd my sed rate is always in normal limits, the low end and CRP has been negative.
Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 07-21-2004 at 08:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 10:41 PM   #3
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Mine's normal too Linda and I've had my teeth checked very well. - Andy

Old 07-22-2004, 06:04 AM   #4

Dimeit HB User

If you have any root canals you might get them checked by anothr dentist.I have seen six root canals done by different dentist that were not done right and were full of bacteria. Terry

Old 07-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Linda, you are correct, FM is not inflammatory, that's why it's so hard to treat and diagnose. Dr's don't know whether to treat us as though we have arthritis or an autoimmune disorder. For simplifying, FM can most be described as a "connective tissue disorder". I beleive if you research the Fibromyalgia name, it was called something else before, which referred mostly to the disorder of connective tissue. However, research is being done that will hopefully have a couple of new meds on the market soon that treats FM alone. There are also neurotransmitter disorders that cause us Fibromites trouble, and that's getting into the "noggin" area. Some rheumey's will refer Fibromites to Nuerologists for treatment. I know that a lot of us take Nuerontin for pain which is a drug for the treatment of nuerological disorders like seizures. So, what us Fibromite's have is a complicated disorder that continues to baffle the medical experts, but I believe that one day, with enough of us being used as "guinea pigs" they'll target this thing and be able to dignose and treat it more effeciantly. I do believe that there are people out there who have FM and don't know it, and I also believe that there are people out there that have been diagnosed with FM simply because their Doc was too lazy to try harder to figure out what the real problem is. I think that a lazy Doc will read a few symptoms and tack a FM diagnosis on, when actually that person may have something else entirely. Which just goes to show that this disorder is complicated and very unique to every individual who has it.

Good day and good karma!
tk

Closed Thread