It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 01:38 AM   #1

kovena HB User
Exclamation Really Bad dreams that wake you screaming

I have been having very bad dreams again lately that literally wake me up screaming at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I can't seem to get out of them or wake up. Ross rarely hears me yet I know I was screaming very loud and out loud because thats what wakes me up., and the Cats are all freaked out when I go to them so I know they heard me. I was wondering if they were caused by the meds I am on. But I have had them before I was on these meds, and they seem to be all very similar dreams. My Cats are always in them and I am always trying to protect them from something seen or unseen. Most of the times it is a Carnivorous Beast after me and the Cats, and everytime, some how the door will not stay closed or there is an opening at the bottom big enough for the Cats to run through. I wake up drenched in sweat and scared to death and have to go in and count every Cat to make sure they are OK.
I really do not understand them and usually I am good at interpretating dreams.
I know Ross hears me but does't want to bother to get up. He told me once when I asked him why he did not come in and wake me, he said that "I usually go back to sleep after I scream for awhile" so he feels he "doesn't have to get up and disturb his rest, after all he has to work in the AM"
I have tried to tell him that I get stuck in the dreams and can't wake up and if he would kindly wake me up it would mean a lot to me. NADA. Still have them and have to fight to wake up screaming at the top of my lungs. It is weird because I hear myself screaming as if I am awake but I am actually still in the dream...I wonder if it has to do with the fibro and brain function from it? Any suggestions? I would appreciate any help on this because it is becoming a nightly thing and now Ross says he does not hear me so no help there. The Poor Cats hear me and I worry that it will be Psychologically damaging to them...???WAH!
"Above All Do No Harm"...Divine Love and Healing Light to All...kovena

Last edited by kovena; 07-25-2004 at 01:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2004, 06:26 AM   #2
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Re: Really Bad dreams that wake you screaming

Hi Sweetheart,

I'm glad to see from the other posts that you are feeling a little more chipper and having your sense of humor back. You are such a good person and I do worry about you in your situation. I honestly don't know how you keep a sense of humor being treated the way you are.

I too have these dream cycles sometimes. I've come to the conclusion that sometimes with the fibro our nightmares really do mean nothing. It's just brain waste or whatever you would call it. Medication can affect your dreams too. I have scared the poop out of my hubby before. My favorite bizarre dream story is the one I had around the holidays where evil Chistmas elves were landing in a giant flying platform shoe in our backyard. My husband and I were older and had three older children. Our family was trying to chase away the elves like in an Arnold action thriller running all over the town.

Ross is a heal..just had to say that. Maybe in your dreams the beast chasing you and your cats represents the illness and pain you deal with. Have you ever heard of lucid dreaming? It's where you tell yourself before you fall alseep that you will "wake up" in your dreams and have control over what happens. Maybe if you tried to take control in the dream and kick the beasts booty the dreams would stop. It takes a little practice but I have a feeling you are probably into metaphysics a bit.

I had an emotional but funny dream awhile ago that involved my best friend. She is one of my greatest allies in the world but in the dream she was my antagonist. She came in and I was lying down ill. She taunted me and told me what a usless person I was and told me I didn't deserve to have such wonderful children or a husband. In my dream I "had enough" and jumped off the couch, pinned her down on the floor, and beat the snot out of her. I woke up crying but then started laughing because she would never even think that way about me. I think she just respresented the other people who've made me feel bad and my own inner dialogue. Since that dream I have been much kinder to myself.

I meant to mention as well in previous posts that I'm so sorry to hear about your singing voice and what happened. I'm a singer too and I know how that would make me feel. Like a bird with clipped wings. I had trouble for awhile after my two surgeries from being intubated. I'm glad I don't have to get intubated for the c-section.

Hope that helps my friend. - Andy

Last edited by taurus3; 07-26-2004 at 06:27 AM.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #3

kovena HB User

Yes, it does help. After your 2 surgeries, did you get your voice back? How long did it take? It has been almost a year now and I still cannot sing...did it take this long for you? Ah..Lucid Dreaming. I used to TEACH that! LOL! It works for a while then a new monster creeps in and there I go again LOL! Also I find it hard to do anymore because I try to fall asleep as quick as I can to releive the pain for a while. I do noy have the patience I used to have, nor DID I used to have the distraction of pain that I do now to do the meditation to get to the lucid dreaming. Plus sometimes the Meds just put me to sleep and I do not even remember falling asleep! But I will try a little extra harder this time.
"Above All do No Harm"...Love and Healing Light to You...kovena

Old 07-26-2004, 09:52 PM   #4
(female)

tam821 HB User

I am doing the same thing, when I do get sleep I wake up in sweats and scared sometimes and really bad dreams.. sometimes i dont even wanna sleep.. I think its the meds..

I have insomnia bad, i think im afraid of sleeping sometimes... I hate this..

Old 07-27-2004, 04:40 AM   #5
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hi There,

It took a year or so to really be able to sing again. But I didn't have the severe trauma you did so it could take you longer. Part of what helped meis that I started over with the basics. I gave voice lessons to a friend of mine and while I was teaching him from step 1 I retaught myself.

Tam I hope you have a good night's sleep soon. THe nightmares do suck don't they.

Much Love - Andy

Closed Thread