It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 02:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CINDERELLA HB User
Does anyone have any luck on any remedy

Hi, I dont know if I have fm, my doc thinks so. I have had chronic back pain for 8 years, started lower back and worked up to my neck. Just before xmas I was coping then all of a sudden I started getting palpitations and my back pain has gone wild. People on this board mention flare ups, my pain is never ending, what do they mean about flare up? days without pain? Are there any natural remedies that work. If I dont have fm I dont know what I have, have been tested for arthritis, rheumatism, had mri, xrays etc. What else could it be. I am stiff and sore. I used to be able to stretch and now my muscle is so tight I end up in pain trying. I still walk a lot. Any ideas? I have anxiety disorder because of it.

Old 07-25-2004, 04:34 AM   #2
(female)

aaronon HB User
Thumbs up Re: Does anyone have any luck on any remedy

Dear Cinderella,

Most fibromites (people with Fibromyalgia), have days where their symptoms may not be so bad, then a period of time when everything on their bodies hurt for a few days, a week, etc. Then, it goes back to the original, "still hurting, but not so bad" period. These are called flares.

There are no remedies to fix fibro, everybodys' illness is different to a degree. What works for some may not work for others. I'm sorry to hear that you have Fibromyalgia. It's not an easy illness to live with, having an anxiety disorder because of it, would be natural in my book. I have anxiety all the time because the amount of pain I'm in is sometimes unbelievable. Do as much research on the web as you can. Purchase a couple of books about Fibro. The only way to find out what works for you, is to research and trial and error.

Good luck,

Gina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Re: Does anyone have any luck on any remedy

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Try calcium/magnesium. I Take 666mg per day. I beleive it helps. Last week I did not take it for 4 days because I forgot to put it in my pill caddy. As a result, I had a flare up. Luckily it was not that bad.

Try it and see if it will work for you. You can increase the dosage. I actually doubled up on them last week.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:59 AM   #4
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Re: Does anyone have any luck on any remedy

Hi There,

So sorry you're hurting so badly. Anxiety/pain, pain anxiety. Such a viscious cycle. I often have to take xanax or valium for anxiety.

I agree with Molly about the magnesium. I am pregnant right now and can't take any meds. So it has helped a lot.

I hope you get some answers soon. It makes one anxious not knowing what's causing so much pain.

Be gentle with yourself and rest as much as you can - Andy

Closed Thread