It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 06:45 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User
Birthday...

This is really only the second birthday I have spent with fibro. I woke up this morning realizing how many friends have parted my way since the fibro and over the years it was fun having people a part of your life with it. It's amazing how sad I feel today. I've loss so many friends because of this fibro I just decided to tell the friends who have been there to support me. You guys and gals mean a lot to me and I just needed a pick me up today. Thanks

Last edited by wishn; 07-25-2004 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Didn't make a lot of since. Silly...

Old 07-25-2004, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: One last thing ...Birthday...

Happy Happy Birthday To You.

Hope you have a day filled with joy and a painfree one. I have had 20 years of birthdays with fm and none of mine got any better, so I am wishing that you birthdays do.

Do something speccial for yourself and enjoy.

Birthday hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #3
(female)

mollymadison HB User
Talking Re: One last thing ...Birthday...

I hope your day gets better. Try to at least have some cake! Happy Birthday!

Old 07-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Thank you both. That was very special to me. Never thought the day would come that I would "advertise my birthday" silly, I realize. Just have been feeling so bad that I needed a pick me up and I appreciate your thoughts. It did just that. I did have lunch with my son and daughter and made a huge mistake. I was feeling down because I am feeling so bad from lack of sleep and so much to do around the house and no one to help. My22 year old spoke up and said, at some point I need to get you a gift. I said no problem, why do you come over and help me paint instead. She said I don't do paint, too much work. Oh well. My son did give me some nice gifts and usually is my rock when I'm feeling down. I have been trying to tackle a ceramic floor for my kitchen and it's taking so long. I got so frustrated last night and didn't sleep at all, so today was double fold bad. My son spoke up and said you should have just got a professional to do it in the first place. I am a single mom and always been use to taking on everything myself, and just can't get to the point that it isn't that easy anymore. I know my kids have their lives but little disappointed knowing how much I was down, they might have looked at me and said, "what can we do to help?" Even if just to paint a room or help a little. I know they love me, but when it comes to helping work wise,,,,they just don't do it. A friend had offered to come and help get the painting done and her son offered to do the floor. He said I will be happy to do the floor and you pay for the materials. I thought I would also throw in extra for his time. He never showed up and never said I can't. She, my friend offered three weekends to come over and help me get my home in order and said this will make you feel better. I have always been there for everyone, and just feeling hurt that I never even got a call to say nevermind, I changed my mind. My son said mom you are getting to upset and have to realize people are busy now days and don't get upset because they can't do it. Am I being unreasonable? I was so excited when she volunteered and have been so let down since. I didn't ask her , she volunteered and had my hopes so built up that I thought I would finally be able to get my house in some kind of order again. Thanks for listening and please be honest with me. I shouldn't feel this way, right?

thanks for always being there.... Just feeling really sad today. Guess it's something about turning 48 and not being in the kind of health that I would wish for. Instead of birthday party, I have thrown myself a pity-party. silly me

Old 07-26-2004, 07:05 AM   #5
Inactive

taurus3 HB User

Hello Friend,

I said happy birthday in your sleep post. I wasn't on here at all yesterday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY again! We can all relate to how you feel. I was always a "do things for others go out of my way" kind of person. Then when I got really sick two years ago (had fibro for 15 years now) people became much more distant becuause I couldn't make all the effort anymore. That's what my post "my last sorry" was all about. I told the people in my life the way things are and it made me feel much better. I only had one negative response surprisingly and she and I worked it all out and I had my feelings heard finally. I'm sure all the people pleasing I did in my past made me worse in the long run health wise.

I hope you managed to do something fun for you yesterday. I wish we could all show up on your doorstep with a big cake and flowers and presents.

Love - Andy

Old 07-26-2004, 07:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User

Thanks Andy! You are always so sweet. It will not go down as the birthday among birthdays in history...however you guys did make my day and for that, I thank you!!
Hugs,
Anne

Closed Thread