It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 12:23 PM   #1

ginnyash HB User
Question parasite cleanse

Has any of you tried the parasite cleanse and what are your thoughts. Sounds interesting. Thanks

Old 08-31-2004, 12:27 PM   #2

Icefire HB User
Re: parasite cleanse

I did, I divorced the parasite that I was married to LOL. Just kidding, what is it ? some sort of detox for the body thingie?

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 12:34 PM   #3

ginnyash HB User

I was on another message board and they were talking about it. If you go into yahoo search and put it in alot of stuff comes up. I am not sure if it will help us fibros, but I think I might try it if I hear any food things from this board and ask my doctor too.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

LOL! That just made my day! LOL I can't stop laughing! That is the best! I know how you feel.

tk

Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 PM   #5

Icefire HB User

Ginny- I checked it out, I thinks it's along the same lines as drinking nothing but fruit juice all day long to detox your body.

TK- glad that I could put a smile on someone's face hehe.

Chris

Old 09-01-2004, 09:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

ginny: After reacting to Icefire's post, I composed myself and did a Internet search on exactly what you referred to. It came up with a doctor's name who has researched this connection to parasites. I guess she has a certain formula of "alternative" supplements that you take in a certain way that kills the parasites in our system that may be causing us problems. She makes claims to help anything from kidney problems to cancer. Now I'm not buying all of this, but I know about parasites in your intestines, and there is a place that came up that offers an herbal supplement that contains this doctors recommended ingredients. (lot's of "root" names in there!) This supplement is supposed to help in the intestines. One website even offered the very explicit pictures of the creepy crawlies found in our system. I found myself compelled not to enlarge the pictures and took their word for it! LOL Anyhoo, this doc, has books out there, and supposedly her "regimine" is detailed and to the point. But I myself would rather take a supplement instead of following a "routine". So, you CAN find a lot of info on the parasite cleanse if you do a websearch, then decide for yourself if it's something you want to try. Just don't look at the pictures!

Have a good day.
tk

Old 09-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #7

leslie66720 HB User

I and some other people I know who live in my community tried this route less than a year ago, after we were told about how great it was by a woman we all knew commonly. She claimed to have all these ailments and works at an alternative health clinic/store. The others that I speak of, we share a couple commonalities with health issues and then ours stem out in different directions.

We did try this route, to find that we spent tons of money, to get very sick. In the process of "cleansing" your system, you WILL feel worse before you supposedly feel better.

We weren't told this part before starting the process. One lady, ended up in the hospital, I was very sick and in bed for a few days, others had similar problems. When I say I was sick, I had extreme abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, no energy, etc. My friend, who ended up in the hospital, was in for two weeks. Her end results as her doctor told her, "Before you try an alternative route again, please run it by me first so that I can investigate it more!" She ran into problems with her kidneys, her asthma, etc. due to the process we did that was supposed to "detox" your body, "get rid of parasites", "cleanse" the body in whole.

My suggestion..... If you do decide you want to take this route, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, insist on being allowed to speak to others who went through the same process. Whether you do this via the doctor's office OR an alternative health place, you HAVE that right to speak to others who also went through this process. If they deny you this, tell them to contact the people instead and have them call you....if it boils down to confideniality. HOWEVER, if you do not hear from anyone, or are told you can't speak to these people.... STOP and THINK why....

As for the woman who told us about this process, and who had all these illnesses that she was cured of by doing this process herself, think about this.... she STILL has her down days where she can't go to work, where she can hardly do her ordinary household routine, etc. For me, I learned an expensive lesson via my wallet as well as my health. Don't believe everything you hear or read. Do the research first. Don't just jump on the bandwagon of something that sounds beneficial. If you fail to thoroughly check this stuff out first and you end up sick, then you are like I was.... a fool for failing to do the footwork on finding out more about these "cure" products and speaking with people who used them before trying it myself.

Just a heads up,

Leslie

Old 09-06-2004, 02:10 PM   #8

ginnyash HB User

Yep, that's why I was asking here first to see if anyone tried this. So far doesn't sound good . Thanks everyone for your replies.

Closed Thread