It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

tinav1958 HB User
right shoulder blade numbness

I am currently going to a physical therapist for my right shoulder and thoracic spine. I have pain as well as occasional numbness in mid shoulder blade area. Starded in Feb. I thought it might be related to gall bladder surgery I had in april. I had a chest xray and pulmonary function test and xray of thor spine, as I have been having trouble with chest tightness and breathing. Has anyone else experienced this. The Rheum. seems to think it is all related to muscle tightness?

THanks,
Tina

Old 10-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Re: right shoulder blade numbness

I have severe shoulder pain and numbness, It started after a hysterectmy. I think it had to do with the general anthesia they gave me. I have tried physical therapy and it made it worse so I spend lots of time on the heating pad and taking hot baths. Also aspirin works for me better than narcotics. Not everyone can take aspirin though...Mine has gotten better now 6 mo's after surgery but its still affecting my skills in things like opening a jar or holding a book. Hope you feel better soon, sorry it took so long to write, I hate to see people on here who's questions are read but not answered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 08:28 AM   #3

jollyjan HB User

I suffer from pain in my shoulders. My FM was first diagnosed when I had been complaining of tightness in my chest, trouble breathing and pain in my back, it hurts when my shoulders are squeezed or someone presses my back at the thoracix area. When walking I find that my arm hurts like mad down to my wrist. Due to the inflamation in the thoracic area if I gulp a drink down it gets stuck in the and I have to wait for it to gurgle down, apparently it is the other side of the coin.

Jan

Old 10-25-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

Hi Tina,

I suffer from the exact same thing -- right shoulder blade numbness (and tingling). I have trouble breathing and chest tightness daily. I too have been told that it is from muscle tightness. If anyone knows how to reduce this feeling, please share! This doesn't help the anxiety attacks I have been having either!! I also tried physical therapy and it made me worse. I gave that up and have been going for acupuncture lately.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Talking Re: right shoulder blade numbness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgage
Hi Tina,

I suffer from the exact same thing -- right shoulder blade numbness (and tingling). I have trouble breathing and chest tightness daily. I too have been told that it is from muscle tightness. If anyone knows how to reduce this feeling, please share! This doesn't help the anxiety attacks I have been having either!! I also tried physical therapy and it made me worse. I gave that up and have been going for acupuncture lately.

Hope this helps!
Sitting in a straight chair then switching about every hour or so to a recliner helps me with a hot bath thrown in twice a day for good measure. Sometimes it helps to lie down and or walk so what I guess I'm trying to say is that vary you activities and get some exercise my Fm gets worse if I hold any one position for too long. Did your physical therapist have you lifting weights? Mine did and thats the part that made me worse. I am currently trying reflexology (on myself) it really helps with shoulder pain and headaches.

Closed Thread